New water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New water heater

Holy cow! What a hassle when you have to learn as you go [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: New water heater

I guess that'll learn ya... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh. My water heater's over 21 years old now! Doesn't seem to be giving me any problem, but I've been thinking I should replace it soon as they really aren't supposed to last this long.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't fix what isn't broke...

New ones just DO NOT last that long. I remember my grandma having an old 220 volt water heater that was like 40 some years old and was fine. I seem to go through water heaters every couple of years in my rental property but i buy cheaper ones for them.

Comment

Yeah, I guess I'll leave it be until there's a problem. I've been in my townhouse for only 6 years, but they were built in like '84 or '85. The date on the heater is '84!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Inline heaters are the only way to go. Water heaters are a disgusting breeding ground for bacteria. Besides, why would you want to keep a giant tank of water hot, when a decent in line heater supplies hot water as it is needed, never runs out no matter how many people have 30 minute showers, and will last a lot longer than a water heater.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

New water heaters seem to be total crap. Who knows what they're made of anymore. You guys should have seen the abortion of a solar preheating systems i took out at the same time! Holy 30 year old piece of shit! Pipes everywhere!
              I would love and inline heater Zeeg but that's not an option for me without a substantial investment.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                New water heaters seem to be total crap. Who knows what they're made of anymore. You guys should have seen the abortion of a solar preheating systems i took out at the same time! Holy 30 year old piece of shit! Pipes everywhere!
                I would love and inline heater Zeeg but that's not an option for me without a substantial investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check them out online bro, they are not as expensive as you might think.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Inline heaters are the only way to go. Water heaters are a disgusting breeding ground for bacteria. Besides, why would you want to keep a giant tank of water hot, when a decent in line heater supplies hot water as it is needed, never runs out no matter how many people have 30 minute showers, and will last a lot longer than a water heater.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 top notch post. Inline is a bit more expensive but well worth it. With regulations on water heaters in the past few years the gap between cost has gotten a lot smaller. Regular water heaters suck.
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check them out online bro, they are not as expensive as you might think.

[/ QUOTE ]

for me it is, i've already looked into it. believe me i'd love to have one but i'd have to do extensive modifications to my house, plumbing and gas lines. the heater itself is high but reasonable, the additional costs are prohibitive. plus gas costs in colorado are roughly 5 to 6 times higher than electric kilowatts right now. i know they rock though. that's all people use in japan. the US as a nation would consume way less energy if starting today all new construction used one instead of a water tank. that's a pipe dream though.

Comment

Rennai on demand water heaters are all most high end builders are using now, you never run out of hot water, they suck up the gas while in operation but overall they are the way to go.
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                      X