I drank before work this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drank before work this morning.

Yes, that's what I said. Before I left the house this morning, I grabbed a bottle of Kelly's, and chugged a few pretty hefty swallows out of it.

I don't know what made me do it, but I think I'm getting into dangerous territory here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: I drank before work this morning.

It's good for you - reduces cholestrol.

Comment

Zeeg, you drinking a lot in general? If this was just a random thing it don't mean a thing but if you drink all the time and then you start this yeah very dangerous.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

It's only a problem if you get caught and get in trouble! Right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          It's only a problem if you get caught and get in trouble! Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

If it consumes your life, and you can't get through a day without drinking, it's a problem whether you get caught or not.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I think with you telling us about it, that you may already suspect you have a problem and are looking to see if we agree. Sit back and REALLY look at your drinking habits...and go from there. Only you can decide if you truely have a problem or not.

Comment

Well, I have a drink almost every evening, either a beer, or a scotch or something, sometimes two. Rarely do I drink enough to become impaired. I just find that a drink or two later in the day takes the edge off a little. I don't want to quit drinking, but I certainly want to know where that blurry line between casual drinker, and professional alcoholic lies.

Comment

I would prefer to just smoke a doobie every night, but I have asthma, and if I smoke weed every night I start to have problems. I have to be careful with my weed smokage. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My Dad lost a VERY good job for drinking on the job... He finally got another job that was almost as good and he made the same mistake. Now he can't find a decent job, and he and my mother struggle every month to pay the bills.

Never drink before or during work, or driving. I would seek help. If you need to drink everyday, whether you get drunk or not, you have a problem.

Just my $.02

Goodluck

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see this the way you guys do - I never really drink myself - except when I try to force down a glass of wine a day (it's really more like once a month). Drinking give me a headache and I have too much shit to do already.

Comment

I used drink every day after work, I enjoyed it. But I realized it was the taste of beer I enjoy, not the alcohol. So I switched to non-alcoholic beer. When I go out to a concert or something I drink real beer and Jager then..but not at home anymore. Worked great for me.

Comment

I like to drink a lot of vodka on the weekends.

Comment

I drink almost every evening,I'm doing it right now.Imo it's not bad,if you know how much you have to drink.I usually drink 1lt of beer,and for me it's a fair limit,it does not put me drunk,but it helps me to have a bit of relax.Now drinkin in the morning is a nono imo cos I know I can trust myself and keep myself "clean" til I'm at home and be free to drink a bit of alcohol without anyone to get worried about. I'm ok knowin that the "drink hour" starts during evening,cos I know that I can control myself.Hope this help.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I would prefer to just smoke a doobie every night, but I have asthma, and if I smoke weed every night I start to have problems. I have to be careful with my weed smokage. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Advair might fix that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But anyway....I think if you stick to just one drink every day, and you look forward to it during the day, you may very well be an alcoholic. Being an alcoholic means it's taken over part of your life, and you can't control it. It's the reason people who haven't had a drink in 10 years will tell you that they are alcoholics; they think about it, and that's enough. If you want it in a nutshell, look at it like this: if there was nothing you could do in the next 3 hours to get your self a drink, and you're thinking about having a drink, you're an alcoholic. Taking a swig of whiskey on the way out the door to work in the morning strikes me as very alarming behavior. Why would you do that!? And, I really don't mean that rhetorically. Have you actually thought about it? "I don't know why I did it" strikes me as either a lie and you know why you did it (maybe just giving in to the desire) or a refusal to look deeply enough into it. You may very well have a problem. Do you know someone who's an on-the-wagon alcoholic that you could talk to? As in, on the phone or face to face talk to? this is something you want to catch now. Alcoholism costs people everything they have every day.
                            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

What Jim Said +1

Alcoholism, like any other addiction, becomes a "morning noon and night" event. Beer for breakfast, beer for lunch, beer for dinner, and then after-dinner drinks.
                              No one ever said "I'm going to turn myself into an alkie on purpose", they just end up that way, and usually by "well, one on the way to work won't hurt".

If you can't go one day - 24 hours straight - without it, you're addicted.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X