I drank before work this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I drank before work this morning.

read this stop for one month thing a couple of posts before, and well, once I had a bet running with some friends of mine we all would stop smoking for a month just to see our degree of addiction.
    first one fell on day two, second one a week later, and out of a group of 5 people I was the only one who did the month.
    but believe me or not; I've been stoopid enough to start again just the next day!? and the first cig didn't even taste good!
    this is about 3 years ago, and except of some more or less good attempts of stopping, I smoked almoust every day.
    I even stopped for nine months once, and started again.

there isn't a period for me, which says; alright you're out of it. I'm a smoke addict. I can stop for a day, I can stop for a week or a month, but it's pain in the ass I can tell ya!!

in my last year of school I guess I was an alcoholic, too.
    at least my doc said that my blood has something annoying in it and he called me alcohol abusus.
    used to be drunk up to three times a day, and I really wonder how I made my graduation today... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I still use to drink, let's say four times a week. going from a chill out beer to getting totally waisted.

but what makes me feel ok about it, is that I never drink alone.
    for me alcoholism starts when you see yourself alone drinking.
    I use to drink only with friends around, since I really don't see a need to drink for my own.

I'd not say you drink too much, but I'd highly suggest to not drink before work. a drink before you leave the house is surely not right.
    the level is different for everyone I guess. one is an addict drinking two glasses of wine a day, and the other drinks half a box of beer and doesn't waste a thought on it the whole day.

but if you feel weird about it; I'd say it's time for a change! drinking is nice, but it can turn out just the opposite.
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

kinda like when all the good bands "sobered up" they started going down hill eh?

Comment

"Listen to that voice inside you..that is the voice of reason ..NEVER ignore that voice."

No other voice will do..not mine , not the doctor's , not God's , or ANY of these JCF analyst you see before you.

Only YOU control your destiny because NOBODY else will.

Bill Z Bub
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Listen to Bill, if you weren't worried you have a problem, I don't think you would've posted anything about this.
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Thanks..its just "simple" ..logic that took me many years to realize..and still learning.

Sometimes we "think" too much. Take things for face value , and don't rationalize and dramatize..things are not as difficult or as complex as they seem. Humans are arrogant animals..we create things to make us feel "special" and or "important"...politics , religion and such..all man made and controled.

Basically man is a self indulgent Monkey..but that's OK...its our design..but it can be a double edged sword...be it food , drink , sex , drugs , religion etc..it is all self serving..and feels good...but it could harm you and cloud your judements to survive.

My sig says it all..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X