Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fog

http://www.escapethefog.com/

"Don't go into the fog - stay away from the fog" (Cheech in It Came From Hollywood) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cool to see they're remaking these older horror movies like this one. As long as they stick to the storyline and don't stray into the soap operas like they did a few years ago.
    Might even be time to remake Forbidden Planet *correctly* instead of that laughably sad slashcore/sexcore "effort" they did back in the 80's.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: The Fog

Right up Emm's alley... hehehe....

Comment

yeah, hopefully they'll do The Fog justice, the original was great, especially for it's time. (79 or 80 I believe) I read that John Carpenter is involved on some level, so maybe he'll keep it on the level. I throught the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was going to be blasphemy, but I wound up really enjoying it. Unlike the new remake of the Amityville Horror, which was SOOOO far removed from the original that it didn't even make sense. Don't waste your time on that one folks...1 1/2 hours of my life that I'll never get back....

Comment

The 1980 "The Fog" is one of my FAVORITE movies!
        I saw the trailer for the new one a few weeks ago and I'm not thrilled about it. I hate it when excellent movies are re-made, more often than not they lose the subtleties that makes the original so awesomely awesome.
        Today's audiences (in general) can't appreciate classics because they are "boring" and not as action-packed or effect-packed as the newer big budget cookie-cutter movies.
        I dunno... I'm not sure if I will see it. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to classics. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
        Could you imagine the Evil Dead movies being re-made?!!
        That would be blasphemous!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

There's no fog bank out there!
        Hey, there's a fog bank out there!
        Alright, I'm drunk enough. Let's go back. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If they ever remake the Evil Dead movies I will cry. I saw Army of Darkness first but I think the second one was my favorite.

The Fog remake looks pretty bad...

Comment

That's what I said about the Texas Chainsaw remake, but I (reluctantly!) admit that I did like that. I'll probably see The Fog on a matinee. That way if it sucks, I won't feel TOO cheated. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Isn't Superboy in the the remake?
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

All I can say is Jamie Lea Curtis TITS!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  All I can say is Jamie Lea Curtis TITS!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  One of my BEST buddies has a crush on the Fog-era Jamie Lee Curtis. He's too funny!
                  And yeah, she is smokin'!

Comment

Yeah, nothing worth looking at now LOL!

Comment

She did a total 180 in her looks from the first Halloween movie in '78 to The Fog in '80. Smokin'!

Comment

Next thing you know they will try to redo Jaws. Hollywood doesnt understand that sometimes its not the production or the effects it's the actor's performances. I wouldnt say these remakes will all suck, but none of them seem to make any money.

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080749/

Comment

MMMMM, Adrienne Barbeau, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The original one scared the piss out of me.
                              Same with the original Salems Lot. Although the remake of Salems Lot blew big time. I hope they do stick to the original movie and not embelish too much.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X