Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so I went to see Steve Vai last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I went to see Steve Vai last night...

...and he still is BY FAR THE MOST BADASS GUITAR PLAYER ON THIS PLANET.

and yes he also told that Estonian women are hot [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: so I went to see Steve Vai last night...

My dad's neighbors in Wisconsin were Estonian. They were probably the nicest people I've ever met. Plus their daughter was MEGA-hot and she showed me pictures of her and her friends in Estonia and they were all very hot too. What's in the water out there?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      BY FAR THE MOST BADASS GUITAR PLAYER ON THIS PLANET.

[/ QUOTE ]

that statement is very hard to argue. The man is god

Comment

It was one of the best shows I've ever seen (if not THE best).

AMAZING music, talent, technical level, show, entertaiment, humour, stage presence, emotionality, communication with the audience and ass kicking rock'n'roll. What more could you want.

Eic Sardinas band was awsome IMHO, these guys have THE ATTITUDE. Awsome slide guitar playing.

Steve and his band played PERFECTLY, NO MISTAKES.
        They made jokes and whatnot all the time. I was really amazed that Steve and Billy are in a such a good shape.
        When Steve Vai played Lotus Feet, it was a religous experience for me. Steve really expressed his emotions thru the whole show, his face expresion changed parallely with every note he played. This is what music is all about. I really liked Jeremy Coulson, a real badass rock'n'roll drummer, heavy hittin' and a true showman. Dave Weiner was also cool as hell, he always improves. Tony Macalpine played like a freakin' Chopin, AMAZING keyboard player, also he did some cool shreddin' on the guitar. Oh and Billy was funny as hell, great grooves and solos, my fav. bass player. He and Tony changed their instruments, Tony played the bass (with fingers and he was very good) and Billy played with Tony's blue Carvin, and he did a badass SHRED solo on a guitar. EVERYTHING was so pefect, no booring musician shit, it was highest class fucki' ROCK'N'ROLL concert.

And all these guys were very nice, no rockstar ego bullshit, they were very nice and apriciated that people came to see them.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Cool, glad you had a great time. I can't believe it has been 6 months since I saw them. I was listening to RI:R in the car this morning.

Comment

I have never gotten in Vai's music, but was very impressed with his interview on the free Carvin DVD. What first cd would you all recommend it try?
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Passion and Warfare is a staple classic. You can check out samples at MSN. http://www.music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16075101

Vai is a great performer,..guitar use and abuse at its finest.

Comment

hehe..seems like these guys are having a great tour. cool to hear you also enjoyed Sardinas' show, I thought they rocked the house completely! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve Vai is by far the most expressive player...he perfectly communicates feeling through the instrument..it is incredible...I say Yngwie's Concerto performance is a good number 2 but Vai is the pinnacle player when it comes to phrasing and feel.

Comment

Steve Vai IS THE BEST EVER when it comes to expressing emotions thru the musical instrument.

BTW. he warned our chicks that they should not hang out with Jeremy Coulson because he'll show them what's happenin' in the Eric Sardinas tour bus [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have never really been a Vai fan but I am starting to come around. Recently I heard a song by him called I think "Blue Powder" or something like that. Amazing playing. He takes playing guitar to an entirely new level.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I have never really been a Vai fan but I am starting to come around. Recently I heard a song by him called I think "Blue Powder" or something like that. Amazing playing. He takes playing guitar to an entirely new level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blue Powder is my favorite Vai song. Either that or Tender Surrender.

Vai is incredible. Only Stevie Ray could pour as much emotion and soul into the instrument.

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Blue Powder is old! That was done as a Carvin demo and originally appeared on Steve's first Solo disc "Flexable". It was also one of the first "soundpages" that were in Guitar Player magazines in the early eighties.

It's one of my favorite Vai tunes.

Comment

Blue Powder is from Passion & Warfare (1990)

Comment

Endrik -
                            Chuck is correct - it was first on a soundpage in Guitar player as a demo for Carvin... One of my Fav Vai tunes of all time!

Comment

I know it was a demo for Carvin, but that song is also on the Passion & Warfare album, I don't have it on the Flexable or Flexable left-overs album, maybe I have some other edition than the US version of Flexable.

Comment

Working...
                              X