Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so I went to see Steve Vai last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so I went to see Steve Vai last night...

I really enjoy Vai. Both live and on a disc. He is in such comand of his guitar but yet doesn't take himself or what they are doing to serious. It R & R !!

The other thing about Vai is he is not afraid to surround himself with world class players. I think that makes his live show that much better.

I really like to listen to Eric Johnson too but he is just so damn stiff in concert it is alomst painful. I have never seen him on stage and look like he is having fun.

Joe S is close to Vai, just not willing to go off the wall live like Vai.

Comment

Re: so I went to see Steve Vai last night...

Vai is much better live than on cd IMO. He can come across as sorta sterile on disc. But live he is a friggin madman. I saw him 3 times and he never made a mistake. Not one. As guitarist we all know how hard that is. The guy is almost clinical in his playing thats how spot on he is. And yet he can still improvise and suprise the audience. I like Vai for his sense of humor, he plays seriously but he doesn't take the music itself so serious. "The Audience is Listening" is one of my favorite songs of his. It cracks me up.

Comment

Working...
      X