Internal guitar circuits/effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Internal guitar circuits/effects?

Not enough money in the few units they would sell to put much R&D funds into an onboard thing like that.

Yes, they do the miniaturization for Cellphones, but most EVERYONE has a cellphone, most people trash them every year. Lotsa money there in all those units.

Comment

I agree with what Ace said, but I'll throw out:

Another reason not to include effects in a guitar is the fact that effects can "come and go" with the times. My old vintage Gibson amp has tremelo. Who uses that anymore?

Also, you have to ask yourself what the benifit is in putting it into the guitar. Only that one guitar will have the effects, vs. all guitars if it's in the rig.

I've built preamps and such for guitars, but the most benificial stuff is just a low impedance boost to give a clean signal if you have long cables, or tone shaping controls. that once you get the right "tone" you don't need to mess with anymore (unless you want).

In the heat of battle, less is more.

Comment

How about attaching a Kork Pandora to your strap, wireless pack-style, and running your signal into it, then out of it to your amp?

Just a thought.

Comment

I would think internal effects might cause alot of noise/hum.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Matt Bellamy of Muse has an axe with a lot of built in effects. It sounds great and can do a boatload of effects and sonic attacks.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I think you may have found your calling Newc. Just make the leather and spikes OPTIONAL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X