Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeep People I need Help BAD!! Bad steering Box??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep People I need Help BAD!! Bad steering Box??

My sister has an 85 CJ7, stock, Steering box fell off the other day. The Top Foward bolt broke. Ok, I drill out the hole a little bigger but a bolt and a nut through. Refill the power steering pump, start it and turn the wheel all the fluid pukes out imidetley. where to go from here??? Other than putting a new box on, I'm stumped
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Re: Jeep People I need Help BAD!! Bad steering Box??

did you bleed the system before starting the jeep ?

-gotta raise the front wheels off the ground, fill the pump and with the ignition off turn the wheel full left/right for about 2-3 minutes to pump out any air in the system. then re-check the level, start it and see how she does.

I've also had a guy cross the pressure & return lines with a similar result to what you described.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: Jeep People I need Help BAD!! Bad steering Box

Did that......

I'm guessing when the box fell it just got fucked, but we still have more problems. Here's what I'm gonna do

1. Take box off
      2. Weld up crack in top of the box frame
      3. Add big ass brace so this doesn't happen again
      4. New box
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Re: Jeep People I need Help BAD!! Bad steering Box

yeah, then it sounds like the valve between the high and low side in the box has an obstruction and it's backing itself up. Probably not worth fixing. Should be pretty easy & inexpensive to get a reman box or find a used one since even a reman is gonna have some play anyways. Good luck D !

Comment

Working...
        X