No announcement yet.

calling all german speaking members...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all german speaking members...

Is this actually a word?

Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitaenskajuete nklinenputzergehilfe

I was told it was the longest german word ever. It means something like "The window of a captain of the danube steamship company"
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: calling all german speaking members...

It is well possible.

German has what they call: 'slangeworter' or something like that 'snakewords'. They become ridiculously long.

Also words with three same letters in succession are no rarity.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Is this actually a word?

Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitaenskajuete nklinenputzergehilfe.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Danube Steam Boating Unions´ captain´s windows cleaning assistant... male, btw.... GehilfIN would have been even longer and female [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In other words, it´s actually only one noun, the assistant, with half a dozen adjectives added on [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually, the three consonants-stuff was made legal just two years ago or something (schifffahrt for example), which I think is a REALLY crappy idea. The above word does kinda make sense, and I guess you could make a single word out of all that stuff.

Comment

yeah, the "Neue Rechtschreibung" (New Spelling) is a fucking catastrophe....

Comment

indeed, sir :cheers:

kajütenklinkenputzer ist übrigens halt scho was anders als fensterputzer (windows) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] k.a. wies halt auf englisch heißt, das is halt des problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

To quote Stan from the South Park Movie, "Dude, what the fuck is wrong with German people?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X