Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis and Albuquerque...?

I need advice from our St. Louis and Albuquerque members:

I'll be arranging Dialysis in both of your great cities on my way across the country next month, and basically I need to know where the "good" parts of town are? There are generally several Dialysis centers to choose from in any givin city, but if Kanas City was any indication, I need to know where not to go!

Thanks for your help! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: St. Louis and Albuquerque...?

Hey chuck where in st. louis are you setting up at? if you stay out of the north side of the city you should be good. let me know where about you are staying at and we can point you in the right direction. Scott

Comment

Stay away from East St. Louis.

If you have some centers in mind, I can tell you if those are good neighborhoods or not. But generally, the farther west you go, the nicer the neighborhood.

Let me know when you're in town. Perhaps we can hook up for a burger or something.

Comment

Hay man.
        If you're going around here, avoid East and North St.Louis.
        Unless you want to pay for protection services from me or one of my associates. We can also hook you up with stereo equipment for a good price/and or fix.

Good areas that come to mind with medical stuff are Mehlville, Arnold, Maryland Heights (I have a place I sometimes stay at off of Mckelvey), Chesterfeild...

Well..theres a lot of good nieghborhoods out this way.
        Name some places on your options list, and we can let ya know whats good and whats not.

Steve

Comment

For a few boxes of Sudaphed, WalFinate-D, or Actifed or Walphed I'll have you drove whereever ya need to go.

Welcome to the midwest.

Comment

Well, I really don't know yet where I'll be. Anywhere I want, pretty much. I guess the west/southwest side of town looks like the best bet. That way after Dialysis I can hit the road headed for Oklahoma.
            It looks like I'll be coming into town via I-70 around the north part of town, then shooting south on I-270 and picking up I-44. I hope to be there late on the 16th. Get dialysis the morning of the 17th and hit the road again.
            At least, that's the plan!
            I'll run a list of Dialysis centers in the area and pick two or three to start begging...this is a pain in the ass!

Comment

Hey, you doggin my town !!! Next time your in KC let me know, I'll hook you up.

Comment

No matter what you do, when you get to Albuquerque make sure you make that left turn. Bugs Bunny always screwed that up.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

"Hey, you doggin my town !!! Next time your in KC let me know, I'll hook you up."

Heeeel yee-uh.
                  Your town sucks. Its smaller and wishes it were DA STL!

EAST SIIIDEEE!

Comment

Actually, it was KC, Kansas, and it's a cool looking town. I found a really cool section with coffee shops and neat little stores, friendly people out walking, HUGE houses up on a hill...it was awesome!
                    Unfortunately, where I had to go for Dialysis was a little scary.

OK, Southwest St. Louis? Is that cool? Fenton? My entire life will be in the back of a pickup truck sitting in the parking lot, and I would really like it to be there when I come out in the morning.

Comment

Fenton is a good area. I live about 20 minutes from Fenton. Right down HWY 21 south.
                      Honest offer...
                      If you want, I can go with ya, show ya around and watch your truck for while you are getting treated.
                      Not knowing how long Dialysis takes and such...if its an overnight deal, I have a garage.

We can work something out, if you're interested.
                      I'de be more than happy to help ya around here. Especially if you have an AMP.... I cannot tell you , well actually I can tell you its been over a year since I've played much. Now I have a guitar and no amp.

PM if interested.

Steve

Comment

Wow! Thanks Steve!! That's very kind of you to offer!!

Here's what will probably happen: I'll be coming from Columbus, Ohio and probably getting into town late on the 16th. I'll get to the Fenton area and find a hotel, have dialysis in the morning of the 17th, and hit the road headed for Oklahoma City. Dialysis will take about 4 hours, and this is all assuming I can get a morning slot.

I wish I could take more time in each city, cause I'm gonna be driving right by a LOT of JCF'ers, but...I need to make miles. It's a long drive and my schedule will be tight. I will need to do 600 to 700 miles each day, and I HAVE to be in certain cities at certain times. It's pretty much a matter of life and death. Great motovation, huh?!

Comment

Well, let me know if ya wanna chill jam, or need a gaurd dog for the truck.

I know how that sorta life is, my pops is a trucker.
                          What exactly are ya out on this venture for?

Steve

Comment

To get my butt back to Arizona! One winter was enough for me!

Comment

Haha.
                              AZ rocks. Good luck. Again, lemme know if ya want to kick it, jam or need any help.
                              Safe journey to ya bro

Comment

Working...
                              X