St. Louis and Albuquerque...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Louis and Albuquerque...?

Steve, PM me with your phone number? I honestly won't know what time I will get into town, or have dialysis, but it would be really most excellent to have a friend in the area just-in-case.
    Very, very cool of you, sir...Thank You! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you have a list of places in Albuquerque?

Unfortunately I don't know where they do Dialysis in this town, but I do know where to stay away from.

In general you want to stay away from the southern part of town. There is a group of hospitals just south of I-40 on I-25 but that is a questionable area. Medical centers in the northeast or northwest are a better bet.

Let me know if you want to get more specific.

Comment

Hey, thanks for that. That helps!
        I'm primarily looking at anything east or west close to I-40. I'll be coming straight through.

There's a dialysis center on 1500 Indian School Road NE, and one on 11296 Lomas BLVD NE., that look like they'd fit the bill. Sounds like the Lomas BLVD unit would be the better bet.

Comment

Hey Chuck, check with DCI (Dialysis Center, Inc.) here in Albuquerque. My dad is actually on kidney dialysis with them. They are actually run by the University of New Mexico system. When I get home tonight, I'll try and find a phone number for you.

KV_X is right. Stay out of the South Valley, and you definitely want to stay away from Martinez Town Park and Roosevelt Park. Other than that, your probably OK.

And if your final destination is AZ, you want to make a LEFT as Tekky said. DCI is just south of I-40.

Let me know if you need more details.

Noe

Just noticed you replied to KV-X. DCI is on Indian School. It is about a mile south of I-40.

Comment

Thanks! I've got the info for DCI, as well a three other units (three FMC units north of I 40). I figurs Alburquerque isn't that big, so I don't mind going north for a bit...more so if it's a little more secure.

Thanks to both of you...you've helped a great deal!

Comment

The further north of I-40 you get the better. Some of the smaller centers should have security so that might help as well. If you need more info PM me and I will try to help.

Comment

Hey Chuck I-44 in Oklahoma City runs right by my hotel. If ya have a second, stop by. If ya need a room, let me know.

Comment

Wow!!! This is killer!! Thanks so very much for these offers...man, this trip is gettin a little cheaper, and that's a VERY good thing!

I'll be in touch...and Thank You!!

Comment

OK, one more favor needed: It seems the Dialysis units in St. Louis and Albuquerque each need a local contact address. I have no idea why...probably for legal reasons to cover their butts in case they kill me.

So, if I may be so bold, could I ask for an address in St. Louis and in Albuquerque to give them? The worst case senario is that you may get a letter you'd have to send to me in Az. I'll make sure you have an addy for me if that happens, cover your postage, etc.

Comment

Too bad it's not Chicago you're going to. You could pull an "Elwood Blues" and just give 1060 W. Addison as an address.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Chuch I sent you a pm with a good adress in st.louis County. Scott

Comment

Got it, and responded...Thanks Scott.

St. Louis is sorted. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I love this place!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Chuck's goin on a Dialysis north american tour, sweet! How much for a t-shirt? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, Chuck, you doin all that driving after going through dialysis? Wow ,be careful man.

Best wishes to ya bro [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              "Hey, you doggin my town !!! Next time your in KC let me know, I'll hook you up."

Heeeel yee-uh.
                              Your town sucks. Its smaller and wishes it were DA STL!

EAST SIIIDEEE!

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your still pissed about 1985 !!!!

Chuckracer,
                              If you want my cellphone nbr PM me. That way if you have any problems going thru KC I can give you a hand.

Comment

Badseed, yeah, I'll be on the road after morning dialysis sessions...that might be a bitch, we'll see. I don't really have a choice but to drive, so...drive I will. I'll just nap one eye at a time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hammer, I'll take you up on that number...thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X