Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ear/hearing protection

I don't.

But I'm not 20 yet and am already half-deaf and have serious tinnitus in my right ear.

Fucking Metal! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      What?

[/ QUOTE ]
      lol. Good one.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Yeah, I always have two pairs of reusable earplugs in an old tin that mints came in in my back pocket. Why two? Because my girlfriend always says she does not ned them then when the music starts beggs me for them so you gotta have her covered right.

Pretty much any of the reusable pairs with a high db rating would do fine. http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/inhearprot.html
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I almost always wear earplugs now at shows. I've definitely lost a little hearing over the years, but not as much as I could have.

Comment

I never used them and I'm pretty surprised I still have good hearing. I even worked at an airport for a few years and never used protection. If I gigged regularly at the volumes I used to play at, I would probably use them.

I don't have any scientific proof but I do think that if you make sure to use your ears or train yourself to use them they'll still work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don't normally listen to the TV blaring real loud unless its a cool movie or football/hockey/basketball/baseball game that has good crowd noise, I turn it down to condition my ears. I don't normally crank music very loud either.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks to all that have taken part in the poll and replied so far(and those who will). It is something I am really interested in due to the fact that over the years, I have screwed my hearing up. The man himself, Dimebag Darrell, gave an extra hard blow to my right ear years ago. If anyone here remembers the Unicorn in Houston, it was a small place where you and about 500 of your friends could enjoy a show. Standing right stage in front of Dime was the best. But I paid the permanent price. After years of abuse before and after that concert, my ears ring all the time. I'm sure this story is no different than a lot of the other members here, but I did want to mention one thing. Maybe it's not to late sometimes. After wising up and using ear protection for several years, I've noticed that I can pick different parts out of the mix better. It's hard to explain, but others agree that my hearing has become a little better or more normal. I may have just been able to adapt. I guess what I mean by all of this is choose your own path. But it seems that hearing is one of the things that science and medicine have had a hard time correcting, and screwed up hearing sucks.
              The Buzzard does not fear
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone
              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I always use them.
                I have four band practices per week, sometimes five, and try to catch every good (metal)band that comes to Hamburg.
                Last month that was 6 gigs all together.

The only thing that prevents me from going deaf or getting insane from tinnitus are ear plugs. I love them. Sometimes I even use them in the subway when their are annoying children sitting near me.

I got custom plugs made in January, they did cost me 180 EURO back then but were well worth it. I said "were", because I fucking LOST them a few weeks ago. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

So I got these Alpine thingies, which are actually pretty good for the price, but don't feel as comfortable and don't offer enough protection IMO. Especially when I went to see Vader (they were fucking LOUD!) and during band practices (small room, loud drummer, loud amps).

So two days ago I went to get these custom made plugs made AGAIN. With even better filters this time.

Long rant short, my hearing is worth any price for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Better to plunge down the money now than in the future for hearing devices, meds, docs and whatever...
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Sorrry to revive a very old thread! But instead of creating a new one, I decided to bump this one up.

Anyone here use some of these "music kind" ear-plug: http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/nasopl.html

I've done some research and the Etymotic looks interesting for the price.
                  JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                  Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                  X