No announcement yet.

we purchased a plot of land yesterday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we purchased a plot of land yesterday!!

Thats right folks. The future mrs. and I bought a 3/4 acre plot of land right off Big Lake in Big Lake,MN. Her parents (our builders) are sending out the houseplan for final bids. We are hoping to start digging by november 1st. We are both super excited. The house will be and moved into by june 10th, which is the day we are getting married. I must say things are changing very much. It seems like yesterday I was chasing tail in college and playing hockey. Now, as I sit here at work with a coffee mug to the left of me in a suit and tie, I think I am experiencing what is called "growing up". The whole situation, having a career, buying a house, getting married, starting a family, is very new to me. It is weird. Maybe it is the coffee talking, but I am shaking. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: we purchased a plot of land yesterday!!

Holy Smokes!! Wikkid cool...congrats!!

Comment

New home on your wedding night??

Doesn't get any sweeter...

Congrats and all the best...Don't let it get the best of you,though.Building your home and planning your wedding simultaneously will be an undaunting task,so be prepared for everything from elation to down right misery..

I hope it all goes smoothly for you,but I have been married twice and I have built more than a few houses,and either one can be a challenge on it's own let along being tag teamed..
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Wow, Moon.
        That is pretty damned cool! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Meh, maybe we have to grow up and be responsible and all, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun and still be a kid at heart.
        You will love having your own home and sharing it with your sweetheart, it's fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        A lot of work, but worth it in my opinion.
        Great news, bro! All the best to the both of ya! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

-Em

Comment

Congratulations [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ya growing up is sweet. Now I just need to figure out how to make my guitar collection grow...up...er ya that was a stretch. As far as planning the wedding goes, we have been engaged since april. She has done a lot of the planning, we are starting to get some of the real serious stuff out of the way. I have a construction background sort of and her dad is the builder, so between her and I we are going to do our best to manage the construction. That is one thing I like about not going to school. I have a lot more free time when I am not working. I guess working 9-5 everyday has its benefits. I have a lot of time at night to do whatever.

Comment

Conrats.
              A good family makes some of lifes unfortunate moments easier. May you have many more happy days ahead.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Hey, kickass man! Congrats, I know how that feels. I'm actually in the process of selling my land I got from a grandmother, so gonna take that and do some real estate with it, and eventually buy my own place. I'm only 22, so I'm in no hurry, I have time. But it's a great feeling knowing your gonna be ok with at least one big decision in your life being taken care of.

Comment

Ya dude I am 22 as well... well I will be in november. I am not expert, but there is a lot of money to be made in real estate market.

Comment

Wow really? Ya know, just because I don't see a DOB (year) and I can't match a face to anyone, I assume ya'll are in your 30's-40's. I'm SO far from settling down that I assumed you were older, lol. Well hell, that makes it even more kickass. More time to enjoy it [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats, building thru winter in MN could get pretty tough, expect some delays and don't get upset if you don't meet your deadline, a few weeks or so don't mean that much, not when you consider you have years and years to enjoy your new home, good luck don't let it stress you out.
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Well, you know that there has always got to be "one" in the group !.....You sure some one can't talk you guys out of it...22 sounds so young ! I know that the girl I dated at 20 was not the same girl I married at 25 and the girl I dated at 26 was not the gir I ended up marrying at 30 and definitely not the same girl I divorced at 37....and the one I married at 39 has been the biggest mistake yet !
                        They say with age comes wisdom....I think men should wait until age 40 and be stable in their career, before getting married and taking on all the responsibilities and "samsonite" that comes with it! I think women (now a days) should wait until at least 30 for the same reasons...this is a very complicated world we live in and although youth is great, what we learn through life's experiences (wisdom) really gets us all through ! !
                        I wish you both the best....I have worked for family busineses and received many "expensive" and "elaborate" gifts...you may be surprised how many "strings" are attached to those "family gifts"..! ! ! ......Just make sure that the house is in both your names ! ! ! (what can I say....I live in LA) !

Comment

Nice! Don't forget about the big ass guitar room [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I wish I could even afford a plot of land in SoCal...

Comment

Working...
                            X