What's your career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s your career?

"Once down the path of the darkside you step, forever will it hold your fate.

so , that is a bad thing..??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Agency Manager at Avis Rental Car. I hate to say it, but I spend most of the time looking around at stuff on the internet. There is only one other person that works here. He is the owner. We both played college hockey.. Most of the time, besides looking up guitar stuff on the internet, we talk about hockey. Plus I get to drive some pretty sweet cars.
      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        "Once down the path of the darkside you step, forever will it hold your fate.

so , that is a bad thing..??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been treading in some very dark waters lately my friend, it has its moments of glory...only to be balanced by the pain I am causing myself and others....I fear I am no longer a Jedi.
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

My career was in stocks and bonds. Failed as a salesman. Wouldn't sell what I didn't believe it. Great in operations. Then, I kept getting it up the ass and left the biz. Whatever career path you take, make damn sure you believe it what you are doing. And here is another tip: "DO NOT ever show that you are smarter than your immediate boss. That is, unless you want to carry a millstone around your neck while trying to climb the ladder." [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

my career is to maintain long hair until i'm 50. anything after that is gravy.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

i have none. i'm bored out of my fuckin mind here. i need work!
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                Im Chucks Boss at Burger King.Sadly he was fired today for goofing around on the internet instead of paying attention to the frech fry machine, and it caught fire. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Loan Processor for a large Mortgage co.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you guys make chicken frys?

[/ QUOTE ]

You really dont want to know [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Chuck wasnt very good at that , but you should hear him sing "Ding -Fries are done" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  ...Loan Processor for a large Mortgage co.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm... we'll be buying a house when we move to GA next year when I get back from the desert. Can I lock in a good rate now before they go up again? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

call my girl jeanette dude, she'll style you out on a loan that is just and fair, for her and myself that is.

Comment

seriously, i'll get you her number and pm it to you.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm... we'll be buying a house when we move to GA next year when I get back from the desert. Can I lock in a good rate now before they go up again? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Where in GA are you moving to? I just moved here last month. Pretty cool so far, except I don't have a job yet. Which ties in with this thread. After high school, I got a job at a local grocery store in VA (1990). It paid decent and included benefits, so I figured it would be good until I knew what I wanted to do. I didn't think it would take 10 years -lol. So it's 2000, and after some classes and studying I got my MCSE and a Help Desk job. I figured it was a good way to start in IT and in 2-3 years I could move to the networking stuff. Never happened. I just left last month to move to GA after 5 years of help desk. I'm sending out resumes everyday but nothing yet. And to be honest, I'm not too excited about getting another help desk job. I want to be working on the back-end (servers and routers) with as little end-user interface as possible. After 15 years, I'm sick of customer service!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I guess my point being what others have said - do something you really like.
                          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Scooter which chip manufacturer, bet you use our products

[/ QUOTE ]

Intel

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              Studying for my LSATs as I type. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do yourself a favor....don't take them. Once down the path of the darkside you step, forever will it hold your fate.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Says the class action lawyer. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Where did you go to law school?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                Studying for my LSATs as I type. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do yourself a favor....don't take them. Once down the path of the darkside you step, forever will it hold your fate.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Says the class action lawyer. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Where did you go to law school?

[/ QUOTE ]

Says most lawyers. I saw an poll a couple of years ago that asked thousands of lawyers, "If you knew then what you know now when you graduated from law school you would have _______________." The most popular answer with (IIRC) something just over 60% was "never taken the bar exam." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                                X