What's your career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your career?

I'm in college... but I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my sorry life [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], so, what are you guys doing?
    I'm thinking of a couple different things... auto mech.,
    computer service tech, shit, I don't know....lol [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: What\'s your career?

If you are going to be a auto tech....dont work for Toyota, Nissan and Honda.... those cars hardly ever break down. Stick with the big 3 and your tools will never collect dust.

As for me...I am a customer service rep with a wireless company.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

USAF, 19 1/2 years.
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

<font color="yellow">Ah Hell, Mark made me do it [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

U. S. Marines...almost 13 years [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Parts Manager for a boat dealership
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Service Manager for a transmission shop.

[ QUOTE ]
            If you are going to be a auto tech....dont work for Toyota, Nissan and Honda.... those cars hardly ever break down. Stick with the big 3 and your tools will never collect dust.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Lou's right...domestic vehicles are overpriced junk, and have been for several years.

Comment

Hotel Manager. Been in the business about 15 years...manager for 8 I think

Comment

Work at Guitar Center in guitars of course. Some times I love my job.
                Gil

Comment

The best career advice I ever got was from the most successful person I ever met who in reply to my joking statement that I still didn't know what I wanted to do when I grew up said, "Don't ever decide." Point being that such decisions tend to limit one's options either in reality or worse in one's own mind as you mentally just pass by opportunities that earlier decisions led you away from. Choose something you're interested in now and go for it. Double bonus if you can make a choice that opens new opportunities or at least doesn't severely restrict your ability to change course later.

This won't be a very popular statement but two of the most professionally limiting things you can do are: 1) getting married, and 2) having children. When you're young and single you can live on Raman & Alpo stew, sleep on a roach-infested pile of refuse in the corner of a shabby tenement, cut expenses by not purchasing cleaning supplies, etc. But when you take on the responsibility of a family you'llsuddenly be faced with having to acually provide for them rather than living in the aforementioned conditions chasing your own dreams. Even if there aren't any immediate prospects on the horizon it's worth giving some thought to when/if you intend to get married and/or have a family as that'll set a time frame the end of which will mark the point at which you'll have to get serious about your life.

That said I'm still a bum and have yet to decide what I want to do with my life.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Cleveland Police Officer 13 years..now fully retired.

Broke my neck in a fight on a plane. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

yeah , I won! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm at University, like yourself.

Hoping to make a carreer in businessmanagement or corporate law. (I wanna go international and I wanna go BIG! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I'M also at university, I hope I'm going to be a computer engineer, I suppose it's not a term used worldwide. It's a combination of software engineering, computer science and basic hardware knowledge...
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64
                        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Maintenance at a forge shop.Welding,fabrication,eletrical, construction,hydraulics,mechanical,plumbing,heatin g,and a few dozen other tasks that I don't feel like typing out.. Never the same day twice....BUT...

Next spring I start in the local electrician's union,and am going to work my way to a more hospitable environment...
                          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Software developer here - I've worked on everything from cruise missiles to radar systems to operating systems to web browsers to development tools. It's taken me to places most folks can never go (and sensible folks would never want to). Other than being a filthy rich rock star, it's what I want to do.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

<font color="aqua">I started out as an apprentice while in high school in a 2 man machine shop and never left. I'm now partners with the original owner and I'm now a Tool & Die maker and love every minute of it. You won't get rich in this trade but you won't get bored either. We do prototype precision milling, grinding and lathe work and short run prototype stamping for major companies for their R&D dept.

The thing I tell my daughter almost everyday is that it's imperritive that you find a job you love to do as you'll be doing it most of your life. There are way too many people that hate what they do for a living and have crap-ass lives as a result of it. Life is hard enough, why not make it easy on yourself and figure out what you like/love to do and at least you won't dread getting up everyday to go into work.

Good luck to you- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X