What's your career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s your career?

Bud ..how true man..be carefull and don't lose any Digits like Iommi..

My Father-In-Law lost his thumb ..Tool and Die maker for 35 years..and he showed it to everybody like it was a trophy..he'd stir your drink with his nub. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He passed away a few years ago..he was cool. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I am a Oepartment of Defense Civilian employee...I play with explosives getting rid of and testing to get rid of chemical warfare munitions.....I love it...I still giggle sometimes when a shot goes off LOL.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I still giggle sometimes when a shot goes off LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow"> [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I swear, that's a trait among all you EOD dudes [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A few of my buddies are EOD...cool guys, but they aint right [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Ya gotta laugh at the fun stuff man ...ya just gotta [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

i'm a cook at a local resturant. i'm only 17 though, and a senior in high school, so i've got alot of choices coming up really quick...

Comment

I work for the UK Ministry of Defence, doing Corporate Communications: It's a job that doesn't need to be done if ever there was one, but the terms are good!
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have 15 years in the company I work for, and as a result have become a jack of all trades. We do, among other things, large screen video display systems for control rooms and other applications. I am the training manager, assist with product development, design custom software interfaces for special jobs, and occasionally help with the final stages of system installation if it is a fairly intricate design.

I have sailed on an aircraft carrier, been roadie for a day on the Kiss reunion tour, been to India, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Germany, Turkey, England, Korea, etc. - all for work.

The politics at my job can be frustrating at times, but I have done some extremely cool stuff over the years that I never would have imagined I'd be doing. Not a bad gig.

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

<font color="red"> I work at Burger King making flame broiled whoppers & I wear paper hats!!</font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    <font color="red"> I work at Burger King making flame broiled whoppers & I wear paper hats!!</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew it!! I knew it!!

You are the fry-guy [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Network Administrator/IT monkey/US Customs Broker/Boss's personal bitch.

Comment

V.P. Finance / Controller of an entertainment company.

Also dabble in Information Technologies and Human Resources when I feel the need to frustrate the hell out of myself.

Lots of great comments on here, hope it helps you.

GOOD LUCK to you Burn! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

PS - YetAnotherOne has great advice: "Don't ever decide"
                        Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                        Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

R &amp; D Machinist for an engineering group in semi conductor. We supply oem parts to build fabs.

I've been machining in the trade since 82 and went to school for it from 79-83. Like budman said and was something my grandfather told me. "You'll never go hungry in this trade" he was a machinist for the Boston and Maine railroad...

B4 semi conductor from 82-89 I worked strickly in the defnese industry

Patriot Missile
                          Black Hawk Helicopter
                          Apache Helicopter
                          Various radar sytems
                          Space Shuttle
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Attending college right now, but might head down to MMI in FL and hopefully work on motorcycles later on. If that dosen't work out, music teacher!

Comment

Pharmacist for 15 years with my own business for the last 8.
                              Getting pretty disillusioned with it and may sell up and move on .
                              It's decision time for me . I have 4 children so that makes the decision a bit more difficult.
                              Wish me luck in whatever decision I make [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Mark
                              Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I work in the maintence department, for the county I live in. Plumbing, electrical, HVAC, the whole nine yards.

I have also worked for my labor union, as a political organizer, and continue to be offered employment, as a political organizer.

I guess you can say, that any musician that gets payed to play, is a professional, so I'm that too. I also teach music sometimes.

I hope to maybe next year or so, go to school whilst working, get my gen eds out of the way, and start working on Japanese as a language. Then, I can move to an international company, and do international relations, or move to Japan, and teach English. I was going to join the service, hope to get stationed in Japan, and work on it over there, but I like where I'm at now. I enjoy playing music, and working with the people at my job.

Comment

Working...
                                X