Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF'er In Trouble

Rich - Lerxtcat - needs your help.

Rich lost pretty much everything in Hurricane Katrina. Rich is a Diabetic. His meds - that he needs to take to stay alive run about $700 a month. He has no money for meds. FEMA and The Red Cross were helping people like Rich, but they are pulling up stakes and leaving these people on their own.

I have personal interest in this, because this is similiar to how I lost the kidney my sister donated for me. I couldn't afford the $450 a month meds, and nobody was coming forth with any help. The Kidney Foundation told me to borrow it from my parents. It didn't take long and I was back on dialysis.

But this isn't about me, it's about Rich. I don't want Rich to have a stroke, or lose his kidneys, or his eyesight, or any number of horrible things that could happen without the right medications.

So. He's gonna kill me for this, but he's gotta find me first.

I'm taking donations for Rich to help him out. Any amount would help, and I'll either paypal these monies to him, or send him a check, but he WILL get this money.

I ask my fellow JCF family members to give

Damn...he is SO gonna kill me for this...

Paypal ID: [email protected]

Re: JCF\'er In Trouble

PM sent.........
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Done deal Chuck,

Your a good man
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

This is nice of you Chuck. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Well...if I know Rich at all, he's gonna kick and scream but eventually I'll get him to give up an address or Paypal ID so I can get this money to him.

I had a lot of people helping me out when kidney disease was trying to kill me...it's time I gave back.

Comment

Chuck!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I'm kinda embarrassed, but appreciate this a lot! Kevin, Stuka, thanks very much to you guys. It took me a lifetime of boneheaded moves to get myself in this shape, but joining the JCF was of of my wisest moves! This group is great! Again, my thanks for your help and concern!
            I don't deserve it but I appreciate it!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Phew! I'm SO relieved! I was SO afriad that you were gonna make this difficult by being proud and stubburn...I underestimated you...Sorry!

PM me with your Paypal ID (if applicable) or mailing address so I can get these monies to you and out of my account!
              Lotsa cool gear out there, ya know! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Glad to be able help in some small way. Wishing you all the best, Rich! Chuck you're a hell of a guy! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Chuck, PM coming up! Reverend Timmy, sorry I missed your post first time I scrolled through - I was a bit verklempt as I think they say (Ron can check my spelling)! Thanks to you, dg, and to anyone and everyone for helping me out!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

No problem,Rich.Chuck,Aces [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]......
                    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

PayPal sent, Chuck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You guys are kickin major ass, you know that? Almost $300 right now! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Extremely kick-ass!
                          The JCF is by far, the awesomest "home on the net".
                          Cheers! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          We love ya, Rich!
                          Thanks Chuck!

-Em

Comment

PayPal sent Chuck... it's not much, but it's what I can do right now.
                            Send me a reminder and I'll do the same next month if needed.

I know I'm just one of the FNG's right now, but I realy enjoy being here. This place rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            -Rick

Comment

Working on that Chuck , Rich has always been there for me as a friend . I'll send what I can for now..

Chuck you're a class act .. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Bill Zurlo
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X