Shipping a 4x12 cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping a 4x12 cab?

Any guesses as to how much it would be to ship a Mesa 4x12 with the steel grill? Also which shipper would handle it?
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Shipping a 4x12 cab?

DHL or UPS would. Cabs (as a guess) probably run about 60-80.00 ground if it was packed by you.

Comment

Go to their websites and enter the packed dimensions and the weight, and the zipcodes. You will get the rate, as well as if they won't take it it will tell you that too.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

And I would suggest taking the wheels off and wrapping them up and packing them on top. I'd be afraid they'd come through the bottom of the box, or worse. Maybe a wooden, crate-type bottom would be good?

Just my $.02

Comment

that's a good suggestion Annah, save a couple inches on shipping dimensions too.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

yeah, castors have a tendency to get smashed off in shipment, I know I've had problems with cab or two arriving that way when the castors were perm mounted.
            I was going to suggest to pull the speakers and have them shipped separate, so I'll suggest it now (not so sure it is a econmonically sound one tho)..maybe even just pull two to keep the weight down..you really will have to play with the weight ratios to see where the best rate lies given for the dimensions. I'm not certain if shipping two or three separate packages would be as cost effective as leaving in the speakers in part or all in, but , you can usually ship speakers 2x2 for like under 20.00 via Fed Ex ground.

Comment

Working...
            X