Update on Guitar Center Job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Guitar Center Job.

A job offer was given to me over the phone today and i start work a week from tomarrow. I have always wanted to work in a music store. Anyone else work at Guitar Center? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    This space for rent

Re: Update on Guitar Center Job.

i believe several members do. how difficult was it to get the job? i'm thinking about applying there myself.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I applied online and they called about an hour later for my first interview. I have had two and Monday is 2 weeks from when i first applied and i go and fill out the required paperwork. apply online.
      This space for rent

Comment

sweet, what do they pay if you want to discuss it?
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

$6 an hour and you have to sell $7,000 worth of net profit and then you get a raise and really good comission money. I will be working in accessories plus you get really good discounts and first dibs at new equipment.
          This space for rent

Comment

Cool, now you can hook me up, you are just down the street [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] BTW..congrats on the job.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              and you have to sell $7,000 worth of net profit

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much why I only shop there 2x a year, and buy only that which I know I can break clear on or stand to make a profit on..even then I overlook alot and do without.

Congratulations on the job. Retail sales can be fast paced and high energy when you are starting out. Guitar Center is always looking for 'talent'..if you have a good deal of tenacity, sales knack and product knowledge..it should work well for you. Just get ready to listen to alot of wankers [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Talk to Chuk (DrakeS.) He used to work at the Miami store I think....
                >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I work at GC. I have alost 5 yrs total there all in the same store. Youhave any questions let me know.
                  and welcome to HELL.... lol J/k
                  Gil

Comment

I did my time here in California; Boxcar punches in over in North Carolina. The discount on gear is nice, also passes to NAMM [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Talk to Chuk (DrakeS.) He used to work at the Miami store I think....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was a manager, even - great source of info I bet.

Keith
                      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I can get a pass to the namm show? that is what i want to spend my weeks vacation on in a year. thanks guys.
                        This space for rent

Comment

Cool, I'm in the OKC GC from time to time. I'll have to look you up!

Pete

Comment

I filled out the online app just for the hell of it, and got a call from the manager today. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I might go for an interview for the hell of it, would be good for some extra spending money working nights to help pay some of the bills for the new house!
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

if they are calling candidates that quick after on-line application submission, they are desperate for people.

as a customer, I don't hate GC like a lot of people here do, I've done ok by them, but have never bought a guitar there, just gear and accessories, and a nice case for my project Tele.

my impression everytime I walk into one, and hear 6 different people playing 6 different songs on their display guitars, badly, is who can stand to work in that cacophony for days at a time? I guess they just learn to tune the incredible noise out.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X