Update on Guitar Center Job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update on Guitar Center Job.

At a local guitar shop, they have various sound booths for everything. PRo sound / electric/ acoustics/ drums. Each of the rooms is sound deadened too and it makes for a GREAT set up. The Electric room even has one or two seperate booths with bigger amps to allow for multiple guys trying stuff out.

I myself would go NUTS hearing bad renditions of "enter sandman" all day.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      would be good for some extra spending money working nights to help pay some of the bills for the new house!

[/ QUOTE ]
      As far as I know, you have to work full time for them. I don't think they hire part time... at least when I asked them a couple years ago, they didn't.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Uh oh! I didn't think of that, I will have to tune all that crap out. " Stairway Denied! "
        This space for rent

Comment

Yes. They want you to dedicate your life to the company. Too bad I'm a loose cannon!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yes. They want you to dedicate your life to the company. Too bad I'm a loose cannon!

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yeah, I'd be a loose cannon there, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No part time eh? Oh well, their loss... no way Im quitting Lockheed to work there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Not true.. it depends on the needs of the store and your individal ability to sell. My store has a part tiem employee and he sells everything. Although he wasnt hired as part time he was full time then went to part time after a while. We have had a few other part time employees as well throught the yrs I've been there. As for the application process. The speed of response is not a clue to desperation. Its just a faster way of gettin QUALIFIED people in the store. The online app is also a prescreaning. It helps to weed out the less desirable employees and gets the right ones in alot faster. It' a means of eliminating all the horror stories of the GC employees who know nothing until they get trained on the gear. So it's not a bad thing if you got called already. It just means your better qualified than the others who applied so yo got called and they didn't.
                Gil

Comment

Working...
                X