Some Halloween Slayer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Halloween Slayer...

Man, digging through some old recordings and found a 10 year old version of my old band doing Dead Skin Mask by Slayer...

Thought it might be cool for your Halloween listening...

A mighty drunk me there I can tell by the erratic playing, but pretty cool tone for the time. Miss that Voodu Valve...

http://www.clevelandmetalzone.com/mp...adskinmask.mp3

That's an chronic fan stepping up and doing the Mr. Green part at the end for us since he loved that song so much.

Metal Up!

J

Re: Some Halloween Slayer...

You mean Mr. Gein right? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Don't really care for the singer too much, but it's a pretty good version overall.
      Serial killer Ed Gein... The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Silence of the Lambs were based on him. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Don't really care for the singer too much"

+1000.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

John who was your co-pilot on that one...Mark?? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i like it!!! even the singer....i never cared for slayer's "singing".
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

well the singer's a nice guy.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I heard him do worse..and better.

he does old Savatage OK.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've never liked Slayer but I liked the second solo on this version, it sounds A LOT like Criss Oliva, John you played that one right?
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Gein, yeah... Now it makes sense, haha... Our bass player did that part a lot ande I'd have sworn he always said Green! I never even questioned it, hahaha...

I was pretty much in a alcohol stupor most of the shows in that era, drinking and looking for women basically.

Yeah Bill, I think that was Mark there for that show as the other guitar. I was prolly using the Voodu Valve through the Marshall EL34 100/100, and he would have been using his ENGL 520 through a Marshall 800 of some sort.

Endrik, Solo-wise: Had to listen to it and see, haha... We traded solos at the first little. Me @ 2:22, him @ 2:30 and me @ 2:40 him @ 2:46 then that's me with a longer one around 2:54. Thanks for the Oliva props, nice to hear.

It was fun times I seem to remember... I liked that club, we got a decent recording there off the board.

Comment

yeah that was you, Oliva thing started at 2:54, badass
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I like it, I always though Araya sounded like shit so I actually prefer your singer :P The last part of the solo was very awesome and as Endrik pointed out very Savatagesque.

Comment

Well , I was probably at that show...Ron does certain covers much better like Old 'Tage and Maiden..

I cringed many a times at the sounds of Ron tho..

John , Ty and myself need to do a cover band..we are talking about that right now as we speak..

Ty as some of you know actually is a bonafide smokin' "singer"..

And YES it does sounds kinda like Criss covering Slayer on that track..

Too bad you guys can't get to hear some of John's Savatage covers..that is what he does best IMO..really "true to form" so to speak..tone , feel ..really cool stuff.

Maybe we will get off our asses and do some of that..would be nice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Ron does certain covers much better like Old 'Tage and Maiden..

I cringed many a times at the sounds of Ron tho..

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I can definitely see him sounding better on the old Savatage and Maiden tunes. He's not a bad singer, I just don't think he did justice to Dead Skin mask. I've always really liked Tom Araya, though.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, actually IMO, he RUINED that Slayer song, hahaha... It might actually sound somewhat good without him, hehe...

Comment

That was some awesome playing John! I didn't mind the singer much.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Thanks for he nice words Dave.

That was some time ago, I'm better now... haha... With the medication and all that

Comment

Working...
                              X