And how was YOUR Halloween?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And how was YOUR Halloween?

Had about 170 kids this year! We live in a new development so it's all families with young kids (like me!). My daughter is 4 and she had a blast. Mom took her out begging for candy with her friends while I stayed home and handed out treats while my 5 month old watched and wondered "what the fuck is going on? Who are these people?"
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

My oldest is about 3 & 1/2. This was probably the first year that she really "got it" about Halloween. And she had a blast! Both trick or treating and handing out candy from home. It was very cool to see it all through her eyes. That made ME have a blast with it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I was sick and got zero sleep last night and ended up getting called in to work since pretty much everyone else took the day off. Went out to my car at like 7pm and the parking lot at the office was filled up with cars and there was some sort of crazy halloween party going on across the way. Got out of there quick and drove back to my place only to find hordes of trick or treaters wandering around the joint. Got into my building to find a huge mess sitting in the main entry way (looked like someone dumped a garbage can out all over the place) and then went into my apartment, locked the door, and turned off all the lights so the trick or treaters wouldn't bother me.

Comment

Had to work, but still had fun: I rolled one assembly press while chick was up front, rolled another's workstation while she was up front, and then rolled another chick's car while she was working [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Of course, they got my car with the saddest roll job I've ever seen - side-mirror to side-mirror, over the hood, and across the grill and lights. It was weak. At least I used half a roll on chick's car and got both side mirrors, both front wipers, her antenna, the rear wiper, around the tailpipe, under the back, through the gas tank door, and almost back up to the antenna [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          And I left the empty roll on the antenna [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And it rained later, which means wet toilet paper! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pretty much sucked here... Sat and watched B-Rate movies.

Really wanted to give out candy to the poor kids here who could use little cheer in their lives. But, the teenagers "hoodlum" gangbanger punks here in the ghetto pretty much make it unbearable / un-fun to to do. It's sorta better to stay out of it than to give candy out and have the inevitable confrontation with their punk asses it seems.

F-d up cuz these little kids here don't have a lot to look forward to and I would love to brighten their day a bit and set up my yard to be somewhat of a scary scene. But, it would get turned to crap and ruined by the older scumbag teens who are truly out o be assholes to people.

Sad... It's my favorite time of the year. I should have been somewhere else doing something nice with someone, but, that's another story.

Looking forward to next year though! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Nice to hear some good fun was had [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Fight crime - shoot on sight.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

That's what I'd like to do actually. Sadly, it's best to refrain... hehe...

Comment

My wife & I both had to work late, so we missed passing out the candy, but she left a huge bowl on the porch with a note to "please just take a few pieces." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I told her she was crazy & that not only would the first couple of kids take all the candy, the bowl was going to be gone & we'd be cleaning up smashed pumpkin to boot. Well, turned out she was right & about 1/2 of the candy was still in the bowl, including some of the chocolate! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It's hard getting used to this new neighborhood with all these friendly, polite people. I'm out of my element. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Cleve: Yeah, fancy that: the bad guys have the right to trample over your rights, but you can't interfere with their right to interfere with your rights.

Anyhoo, back on topic before we start another "infamous JCF socio-political debate" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OOH! MAAAAAaaaannnnn I wish I'da brought a camera to work. We had a costume contest (I bought a crappy WalMart-Special Pizza thing - hey, I've spent as much on pizza as I have guitars [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]), and this HOTTTTTT! young blonde chick came dressed as Alice In Wonderland, with a REALLY short skirt, thigh-high white stockings, the whole bit. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    Spank me, baby! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Chocolate: An integral part of any American Holiday (or Unholiday, as the case may be) is candy, and especially chocolate. From the Chocolate Easter Bunnies to Chocolate Santas, we got chocolate ad nauseum.
                    However, I'll never understand why those chocolates in the tin foil wrappers have no taste to them. You've seen the ones that look like really thick coins, sometimes they're little bars, and never have a recognizable brand name like Hershey or Brachs. I had 3 candy bars last night - a miniature 3 Musketeers, and two of those no-name tin foil coin-looking things. The 1" x 1" mini Musketeer had more chocolate flavor than both the coin things did combined.

Costumes: Now, I never have liked the idea of dressing up as clowns and other "not-scary" things at Halloween (despite the aforementioned pizza thing, but then again, imagine a 6'3" 215lb guy in a pizza suit asking if you want some pizza in a suggestive tone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). To me, Halloween should be ONLY "dress up as something scary". Yeah yeah some people have clown trauma, and the clown from "It" was scary, but Raggedy Anne and Andy, Emmit Kelly, and those types of costumes just aren't terrifying. They're comical. Comical is ok for Mardi Gras and a non-Halloween costume party, but Halloween should be safe from all that "safe" stuff.
                    Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula, Mad Scientist, Dr Giggles, Ghosts, Goblins, Suicide Bombers, Zombies, Aliens, Monsters, and stuff like that - not fairies and pirates and Peter Pan.
                    Darth Vader - Yes.
                    Average Deer Huntin Guy - No.
                    Jason Voorhees - Yes.
                    Spartacus - No.
                    Freddie Krueger - Yes.
                    Freddie Mercury - No.

Save all that happy crap for another day - please. Let those of us with warped minds and unpopular points of view have our ONE DAY a year without your "safe and sane" drivel polluting it. We can't be our spooky normal selves on YOUR 364 other days, so stop trying to be happy and cute on OUR day.
                    Stay home, or shut up and ride it out. You can do it for 24 hours. We do it for 364 days a year (365 on Leap Years), surely you can do it for ONE DAY.

Of course, if chick wants to wear that Alice in Wonderland outfit 24/7/365, I won't complain [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      My oldest is about 3 & 1/2. This was probably the first year that she really "got it" about Halloween. And she had a blast! Both trick or treating and handing out candy from home. It was very cool to see it all through her eyes. That made ME have a blast with it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My youngest is that age and he experienced Halloween for the first time, as well. It was a blast to watch him give out junk and his mother told me he had a great time going door to door. She said he was very polite and used his manners at every house. Good boy. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Sadly, I couldn't go out with my children but the stories when they came home were fun to listen to.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I took my oldest to a party in Bear Creek CC in Redmond where her and her friends would also hit the homes for candy. After we go through the gate there are kids riding in their parents golf carts going door to door! WTF.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

"Cleve: Yeah, fancy that: the bad guys have the right to trample over your rights, but you can't interfere with their right to interfere with your rights."

AMEN Brother NEWC!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Some 14 year old kid was on the news last night. He dressed like a cop and took his little 8 year old brother out for trick or treat..

About 5 teenagers bashed his head in front of his lil' bro . They were kicking him in the head in the middle of the street. If that was MY boy I'd be going to jail for murder. They caught three of the SOBs , so the'll just roll over on the other two. The Victim is OK for the most part , he was on TV with a neck brace on..what a fucking shame. Some passer-bys saw it and finally broke it up..good thing they did [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

I packed my .38 and my 4 D cell Mag-lite..so I'm ready to go if need be.

Fortunately my neighborhood is pretty decent. There were a few "strays" being dickish...but no biggie.

Everything was cool , Vinny got lots of candy (approx 9 lbs) . My 14 year old neighbor kid got an SWEET Alembic bass and wants lessons..he's pretty good already. He can have free lessons anytime , he's a very nice kid.

BTW..Mark , Hell I'd make that Milf's Toostie ..Roll [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But my marriage is not worth the 3 minutes of awesomeness. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm a good boy.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Everything was cool , Vinny got lots of candy (approx 9 lbs) . My 14 year old neighbor kid got an SWEET Alembic bass and wants lessons..

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, and all I ever got was candy corn and those trat things... Bah...

Comment

search the forums and i think theres a couple drunken messages.

it was fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] nice party

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]...John he didn't get the bass for halloween. Actually his school gave it to him..That bass was donated to the school orchestra and they gave it to him. DONATED ..a ALEMBIC.not a mexican made fender P bass or a copy..an Alembic..FREE!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X