Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wolf puppy just arrived!! (big pic warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf puppy just arrived!! (big pic warning)

Actually he arrive on Sunday. He's barely 7 weeks old and hes already paper trained after 48 hours. 85% real wolf and hes part white German Shepard. I got him from a wolf Hybrid dealer in Ohio I found on the internet he's my fourth wolf hybrid our family has owned. After owning one I would never buy another bread of dog these guys are smart and excell at everything. Here is the pic. Anyways he is so small his ears are still floppy and they become pointy after about 3 months he's just got to grow into them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Wolf puppy just arrived!! (big pic warning)

congrats! kev had a great companion in timber; a 3/4 wolf, 1/4 alaskan malmute that was a great pet and friend to him.

how do they ship a dog, btw? always wondered that.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cute looking dog...er...wolf...er wolf dog. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

A beauty!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

They ship Via Delta Airlines and I picl him up at the cargo terminal.

Great Looking dog Kevin!!

Comment

she was 3/4 timberwolf 1/4 malmute and yes they are extremely intelligent... If I could own another I would ..
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

http://www.bright.net/~k9s/wolf.html

Is the place I got my pup. Great people.

Comment

Dude I'd ove to but they changed the laws up here . the only way to bring one in now is alreadt spayed or nuetered .. I had her b4 they started changing the laws.. She was born in may of 89 and I lost her at the age of 14. Her hips started to go on her. She was huge ..

Funny thing is, your is EXACTLY how she looked as a cub ..

Mine was timid as could be though as very wary of people she didn't know

Comment

The place I got it from actually put shepard mix on the paperwork when it was delivered so I would not get a hard time with customs as they are cracking down in California as well. I am sure the have shipped to your area before.

Comment

Yeah the insurance co tried to gve me a hard time but my paperwork said husky X so there really was nothing they could do. The problem is the vets will take note of the size. I used to get crap because she was almost twice the size of the Avg malmute.. They try BSing saying that there's no proof rabies shots work on em etc so be careful who knows.. Also people that live near you will be funny about it .. just keep it lowkey you'll do fine ..

To many people raise these things assuming BIG BAD WOLF and don't understand the mentality of the breed,the heirarchy and pack socialization they need, in turn it ends up giving the rest of us grief because they all get labelled because of a few idiots and they get outlawed.. .

Comment

These dogs are beautiful...and fastinating. Kev/AK, is there somewhere I can read up on them, and their needs as you mentioned?

Comment

The neighbors used to flip out when they saw my first wolf Kane. Also the thing about rabies shots not working on them is BS is what I have been told by breaders including the one in Ohio and the Vet you think would know the best. Always make your vet give your wolf the shot because they are a hybrid the shot does work.

Comment

Chuck there's a lot of resource on the web just search for "Wolf Hybrid"

There are a lot of wolf activitist who are against hybrids because they have gotten a bad rap. The problem is that bad rep does damage to the public perception of the wolf reintroduction. If you remember a few years back they had done a release in yellowstone that had all the ranchers up in arms..

I'll say this much, if you take your time, Educate yourself you'll never find a more intelligent loyal partner..

Comment

AK thanks a bunch now you have the wife wanting me to contact them.. LOL ..

Comment

Working...
                              X