Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be afraid to buy an american vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I be afraid to buy an american vehicle?

We have an '03 GMC Yukon and have had great luck with it. Just turned 50,000 miles (in two years), we've averaged just over 16 mpg overall, and it's never so much as stumbled. My last GMC, a 2000 Sierra Z-71, went 112,000 miles without problems, never used a drop of oil. As with most any car, as long as you take care of it you should be fine (with some exceptions).

Comment

I'm in the market for a new compact car, and from all of my reading/research, the consensus appears to be that Ford is the most reliable and best buy of the American companies. Don't know if that helps with trucks or not, but I've never heard a bad word about Ford or Dodge trucks. Heck, we can barely afford to keep a compact car gassed up, let alone a truck...

Comment

Toyota.

Comment

Shawn, take a look at the Sequoia and maybe a Nissan Armada. In my experience, both of these vehicles have outstanding reliability, high resale and pretty damn good fuel economy - for their size.

Customers at my Toyota dealership generally praise that product more so than the Armada owners at my Nissan store.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

How about Hummer's...Anyone own one? I know, pretentious. But fun, none the less....

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I am enjoying my H3.
              Priced right, decent MPG and spacious.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

No reason to be affraid, my last 5 vehicles were American made. I have had 3 F-150 super crews for myself and Ford Expedition and GMC Yukon XL for the wife and never had a problem any.

The Excursion is discontinued by Ford I believe. If you are going for the surburban type of SUV go for the Yukon Denali or the Caddi Esclade...
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The Excursion is discontinued by Ford I believe. If you are going for the surburban type of SUV go for the Yukon Denali or the Caddi Esclade...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think they decided to go ahead and keep the excursion around. I read that the people who own the diesel model LOVE it....I just never have really noticed, how hard is it to get diesel fuel?

I read about the Denali, looks nice too, although dont like that cheese grater front grill much. As far as the escalade, it just occured to me, they make that big-ass extended escalade, the ESV or something....Hmm....

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

The diesel Excersions are great for long road trips if you don't mind the fuel cost. I think the Super Duty Ford trucks are the most comfortable vehicles out there.

I have a 2004 Honda Pilot and love it. I considerd the Sequoia as well. Once the Pilot is paid for we'll probably keep that and buy the Sequoia.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      How about Hummer's...Anyone own one? I know, pretentious. But fun, none the less....

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

save the money and put it toward the penis extension. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] sorry man, just funnin' ya.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Stay away from the Highlander... mine is a 2002 with V6 and all the bells in whistles. It has wiring problems all the time. One day the tail lights work... next day they don't.
                        Have had the wiring harness for the break lights repaired/replaced 4 times now.
                        Everytime I get an oil change, the vaccumm lines fall off the air cleaner and turns on the check engine light. Working on my third battery and she's only got 46k on her.
                        I bought Toyota for their reputation... going to get a Chevy Tahoe after the first of the year. I'm sooo done with Toyota and their excuses. On top of all of that, the car only gets 16 MPG in the city. My extended cab V8 Silverado got 20 MPG!!!
                        On the lighter note, my 1997 Eclipse that I bought brand new off the lot still get 30 MPG in the city and the only problem I've had with it was the water pump went out the other day. Side note: the 97 Eclipse was made in Normal, Ill and uses a Chrysler 2.0 liter engine.
                        -Rick

Comment

H1 is a real Hummer.
                          H2 is a 3500 K series Suburban with a different suspension.
                          H3 is built on the Colorado platform and uses the same inline 5 cylinder engine. Doesn't deseve the title of "Hummer" in my opinion. Kinda reminds me of the old Daihatsu Rocky. I think I spelled that right.
                          -Rick

Comment

I have owned plenty of American cars and I will say this. For the mots part they are cheap and easy to fix, and I can fix most issues myself. Yes, I am a hobbyist mechanic so it is OK. The last import I owned was a Passat with a VR-6. I could not fix that myself and in one month it sucked up $2500 worth of repairs. I stick to my Fords for now, because I can't afford a new car. A new car with a waranty is an entirely different deal.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Drive the H3! That's all I'm saying, it will make a believer out of you! It sure as hell surprised me! Oh and the H2 is a phenominal machine... it is NOT a reworked suburban... I believe it's made in AMGs factory.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Drive the H3! That's all I'm saying, it will make a believer out of you! It sure as hell surprised me! Oh and the H2 is a phenominal machine... it is NOT a reworked suburban... I believe it's made in AMGs factory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree on the H3. People can read whatever they want and believe whatever they want. Drive one and if your dealer has it available, drive it on the rough terrain track outback (Reeves in Tampa has it for Range Rovers and Hummers). It sure made me believe IT is a Hummer.
                                It is not an H1 or H2, well dahhh! But it is what it is a reduced version for those who don't need the testosterone booster and still want to have gas money leftover to buy guitars.
                                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                                X