Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Band Problems... Need advice

...see related thread. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I guess every boss is different. Mine told me yesterday "you better keep it in your car" Well ok, I guess I go out to the car to work out my ideas. (then I'll get in trouble for spending time in my car on break)

I have a little Korg 4 tracker PXR4 and I was going to work out some ideas for this JCF Jam track. Caught all the hell and comitted no crime as I didn't have the time.
    Typical employer witchhunt... they would probably do a rectal exam to see if I had corn for lunch.

I hear ya on getting slow. Osseo likely wouldn't have a boomin biz, cute little town tho...wouldn't mind having a place there. They still have the old church converted to a pet fish store? Terre 'quatics?

btw, I saw the CA Guitar Trio warm up for King Crimson years ago...they do a great Bach Toccata and Fugue in Dm.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      oh yeah, bassists in this town have it easy, plenty of gigs available to a decent bass player.

Ryan, maybe he doesn't want to tell us as he wants the gig for himself [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have my own little projects going and not going.. like ya say, starting up a band of any sort is never easy even when an agency puts it together for the sole purpose of playing road gigs & making them moolah.

[/ QUOTE ]+1000 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I was in a band that was with GMA in the late 80s, early 90s. They didn't get the nickname "good mileage agency" for nothing.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

hmm, GMA, I knew Mark Roe & Greg Schmitt, names and faces I easily recall off the top of my head. Yes, the 200-300 mile a day tour was common.

Comment

Forgot to check back with this thread, and just wanted to mention that I am familiar (by name) with The Demise. Our vocalist goes to Music Tech and had talked to them about playing at our CD release show back in July. They were interested, but the band either broke up or at least lost some members. Not sure what ever became of them.
          sigpic

Comment

Ya the band broke up. The singer and the guitarist went on to form this new project that I am talking about.
            Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
            The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Yep, everyone is giving you the right advice.....and time is wasting....move on to guys who are serious! This biz takes a lot of work and dedication....and don't waste your time with those who won't commit to paying the price of admission to join the game ! Get the F out of there and move on NOW ! ! ! !

Comment

Hey hey. I did not realize so many people are from MN. I am too. I went to Music Tech in 1991. We all should get together soon and meet.
                LATER!!
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Ya man I agree. We have some pretty cool MN member on board here.
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
                  X