My wallet got stolen today!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wallet got stolen today!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I was at work. I loaned a desk clerk $5.00 until tomorrow. That was right after lunch (around 1:30). By the time I got home at 3:30 (left a bit early), my wallet was gone. I keep it in my briefcase. Said desk clerk seen where I got it from, (not making any accusations, as I have no PROOF). I was out of my office for about 30 minutes checking rooms. I didn't notice it was missing until I got home because I went to take it out of my briefcase...gone..
    It was only her and I there. So, I spent the rest of the afternoon on the phone with my cc companies and my bank. I called the police to report it, just so I would have a record if anything happens (ID theft)..they just logged it under my name and said to let them know if anything happens...which seems to require a different report...whatever. So, my day has just been shit!!
    How's yours going?? [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Re: My wallet got stolen today!!!!!!!!!!

punch her in the face.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Oh no!! That sucks!! I guess there may be an opening for a desk clerk there, yes?
      Tommy, there ya go..Oklahoma is just like Huntington Beach...really!

Comment

do i get to throw the punch? no, i'll set her up and jb will deliver the blow. when should i be there?
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Oh Jeri, this sucks. Sorry to hear it.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. My brother got $120 stolen, and it was most likely a "friend". People will go to great lengths for a little money. Even friends and family. Hope you get it resolved, and don't become more of a victim than you already are.
            www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Crapola!!!!!!!!!
              That sucks, Jeri!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
              People suck. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

BTW, got your PM. Thanks, hon! I'll get back to ya.
              Hope your weekend goes MUCH better than today!

Comment

Someone stole my checkbook from me along with about 100 bucks. I cancelled everything. Funny thing was the bounced check notice that I got from the bank. Someone decided to buy a stack of pizza's using the ID of a dead guy. I laughed @ the ghetto people.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

That sucks dude! I had my wallet stolen and it was hell to remember all the crap I had in there to cancel. Now I have my wallet, but but I keep all my important stuff in my pocket. What's the purpose of the wallet then... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It has a nice n shiney silver chain attatched to it so if you screw with me it's going around their neck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

this is typical..

once in a blue moon a good person will surprise you with honesty and kindness..but this is few and far between.

That sucks ass Jeri..you did all you really can do..

Here's a "suggestion" ..usualy people who steal wallets just remove whatever cash and maybe the intent of using a card. They always discard the wallet and or purse near by. Talk to your cleaning person or check a few places yourself. Such as trash bins in the john and outside...some place you can dump a wallet.

I found quite a few freshly stolen wallets in these places at the airport , and they were always aprrox within 100 feet radius of where the wallet was last seen. Some good old fashion police guess work for ya.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck Jeri

Bill
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I can definitely relate.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about this, Jeri. Hopefully the thief will be dumb enough to use one of your cards and get caught on-camera. If you've reported everything then you're covered regarding liability, and using those cards may be what nails the thief. Whatever happens the POS will get this back in one way or another. Meanwhile, hang in there with us! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Jeri. Logic dictates that if you two were the only ones there, she did it. I'd definitely drop hints about someone's children being run over if the wallet and contents didn't turn up, but that's just me.
                          Hit 'em where they bleed the most.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Identity theft is the worse, it could take months and months to clear up and up to to a year to finally get all the bad checks, cc theft reports and your name cleared.

Even if they have them on camera, if they are savvy and use a ring of people...they'll get away with alot. Sorry to hear. It took my gf for a ride for a long time.

She figured someone must've lifted her wallet on New Years Eve when she was in the liquor store.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Sorry to hear that, Jeri. Logic dictates that if you two were the only ones there, she did it. I'd definitely drop hints about someone's children being run over if the wallet and contents didn't turn up, but that's just me.
                              Hit 'em where they bleed the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newc, you are not sounding like one of God's children [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X