My bass player... I killed Kenny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bass player... I killed Kenny?

Here is my post from the "I Hate Club Owners" thread that Twisteramps started:
    That sucks Pete. I hate club owner most of all. Look on the bright side!!! My band played Friday night. Like you... we had a packed house. They were drinking. They were yelling. They were DRINKING!!!! My bass player.... under heavy negotiations.. got us to play there for FREE. Thats right. It was a packed club full of people that we brought. We get door and he negotiated a free to get in deal because it was our first solo gig. We did get a $100.00 bar tab which the drummer and I drank in the first few hours. That gig cost me some nice coin between restringing all my guitars and the whopping bar and food bill my wife ran up. The club owner was giggling like a school girl at the end of the night because he didn't have to pay us SQUAT. I wore a black shirt that night. When the gig was over my black shirt said SAP in big white letters on the front of it. Of course the club owner instantly wanted to give us another gig in January. Ponderous

My response was not directed towards my bass player although it looks that way. We, as a band agreed ahead of time to play with no cover charge which meant FREE. I mentioned it only because since the club was packed you would think a stand up club owner would have came though with some cash or something. I have played several clubs that actually gave us more money than we agreed on because of the incredible turnout. This was one of those nights.
    Anyway, my bass player, Kenny, is a member here and he read my post so basically we had a nice altercation last night.
    I am not good at altercations. When somebody confronts me... even if I am in the wrong... I lash back. BIGTIME. I did last night and words were said by me that shouldn't have been said. Kenny is a real nice guy and didn't deserve me throwing him under the bus here with my story. In retrospect.. thats exactly what I did although at the time I told the story I didn't think anything of it. It just didn't seem that bad at the time but you have to remember... I am a real prick, primadana, arrogant, no-compromise, asshole most of the time type of musician. I take my playing and my band very seriously and will defend both to no end. Its not "just a band" to me. Everything I play on or whatever band I play with is a reflection of me. If its recorded... I consider it like a tatoo. I just want it to be good. Sometimes good isn't easy. Oh well.
    Anyway, the band says that I killed Kenny.
    I did but maybe I can bring him back to life by eating some crow. I'll take my crow extra crispy. Sorry Ken.

Re: Ken my bass player.... WTF?????

Good man.

I understand how both sides could feel the way they do. And it is hard to say things in text sometimes, and even harder to know how to takes things right that are in text. You can take something typed in many different ways depending on your feeling at the time or how you know that person etc etc...

Hope it works out with you two, you guys seem to have a good things going on and all seem to work hard.

Comment

All I know is I do NOT want to hear about the makeup sex [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I remember reading your first post, and I didnt take it as you were blaming him. Anyway, it seems like from the the of person you say ya are, that this took alot for you to say... good man, Im sure hell understand.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Well Kenny told me that you are "his" guitar player and you play for how ever much money he says you play, you play what he says to play and when to play it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Well Kenny told me that you are "his" guitar player and you play for how ever much money he says you play, you play what he says to play and when to play it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn, every member in any band I have ever been in has been MINE. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn, every member in any band I have ever been in has been MINE. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, sounds like you've had alot of "members". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, sounds like you've had alot of "members". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                I think his real last name is Dahmer, too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

He talked to our singer today. He's out. I guess it was my sparkling personality. Let the bass player auditions begin. I guess I really did kill Kenny.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    My bass player.... under heavy negotiations.. got us to play there for FREE

[/ QUOTE ]

That line sure looks like it was his fault.

Sorry, John, but I'da took it the wrong way if someone said that about me as well. It's one thing to say that everyone agreed to play for free BEFORE the gig, but another thing entirely to change it to say it was all the bassist's idea AFTER the gig.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        My bass player.... under heavy negotiations.. got us to play there for FREE

[/ QUOTE ]

That line sure looks like it was his fault.

Sorry, John, but I'da took it the wrong way if someone said that about me as well. It's one thing to say that everyone agreed to play for free BEFORE the gig, but another thing entirely to change it to say it was all the bassist's idea AFTER the gig.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Newc. That is why I apologized.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Shawn, every member in any band I have ever been in has been MINE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy there you prick, primadana, arrogant, no-compromise, asshole! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think it was big of you to come here and state what you didd above, but after the fireworks lastnight, it's obvious that you and Kenny could never play together again. It sucks, but thats just the way it is.
                          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            He talked to our singer today. He's out. I guess it was my sparkling personality. Let the bass player auditions begin. I guess I really did kill Kenny.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bastard!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X