X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Preferred string brand?

D'Addario XL 10s

but I wanna try the webstrings someday
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

On my electric guitars (Les Paul and Soloist), I play D'Addario 09-46.

On my acoustic (Taylor K14c), I only use Elixir 12-53. I still have the same set of strings on that guitar as the day it arrived just over a year ago and the strings still sound lively! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

All guitars stay tuned to standard. I haven't broken a string in lord-knows-how-long, even with my heavy-handed pick attack. When I get lazy, string sets can last up to a year before I find time to change them... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Wow... I am the only Elixir user. You guys gotta try these things. Little more expensive. But, they last longer and sound better for longer.

-Nate

[/ QUOTE ] I love their acoustic. It's all i'll use but their electric strings suck.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Markley blue steels .10

Best strings you can get, in my opinion [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Your frets will hate you because of the pure stainless steel strings, though. You should get stainless frets on your guitar so you don't have to worry about wear from those strings. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blue steels aren't stainless. They are regular Dean Markley strings that have been dipped in liquid nitrogen. I have used Blue Steel 10s for almost 10 years now, and have not experienced any problems with excessive fret wear.

Comment

GHS Boomers 09-46

Comment

DR Titefit 10's. I haven't found anything even close for a Floyd equipped guitar.
              I use Blue Steels in a pinch...they sound great but lose tone too fast IMO.
              Martin SP electrics are great to brighten up a dark sounding guitar, but they too lose their tone quickly.

Comment

Working...
              X