• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leathernecks sound off

Who's going to see Jarhead?
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: Leathernecks sound off

I'll be there tomorrow night. I would feel right bitching about how wrong they got it if I don't actually go.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

If they are gonna cast that little pussy who was in that movie with Jennifer Aniston where he rips off the store they work at as a grunt, I want nothing to do with it...

Cpl Bergman/0351

Comment

<font color="yellow">What's the point??

Another movie to make us look like mindless, stupid, crazed individuals??

If they have to sensationalize our Corps to line their pockets, that's truly sad.

Full Metal Jacket was a joke....this will be no different.

As Ace said, I want nothing to do with this.

Disgruntled SSgt in NC [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

I agree. Unless it is an unbiased documentary, I usually don't watch them. There are only two dates I remember, My anniversary and the Marine Corps Birthday. There are only two pieces of music that bring a tear to my eye. The National Anthem and The Marine Corps Hymn.
          Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            <font color="yellow">What's the point??

Another movie to make us look like mindless, stupid, crazed individuals??

If they have to sensationalize our Corps to line their pockets, that's truly sad.

Full Metal Jacket was a joke....this will be no different.

As Ace said, I want nothing to do with this.

Disgruntled SSgt in NC [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree LPC. I wasn't in the Corps, but I always hate to see when they try to make our military look like brainwashed killing freaks. I've known too many of them to know what they are really like and in the civilian world, I prefer to work with ex-military personel, no matter what branch of service they've been in.

Comment

i don't know what it's about other than it's based off a book written by a former marine.

Comment

Looks like a joke to me just seeing the previews on TV. Dude stands there while shells hit the ground around him. Mmhmmm... mmmkaaaaaaaay. My guess is that, like Sam, most gyrines will hate this one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I would see it for the entertainment. In my eyes, that's what movies are for. I can seperate the difference between what I have lived and what is on the screen at any given time.

Lance Corporal for life,
                  S. Ciminnisi
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    i don't know what it's about other than it's based off a book written by a former marine.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Ummm, yeah, look what happened to Sniper w/Tom Berringer too.

GySgt Carlos Hathcock was THE man....and was reduced significantly by that stupid ass movie.

</font>

Comment

I never saw Sniper.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Ummm, yeah, look what happened to Sniper w/Tom Berringer too.

GySgt Carlos Hathcock was THE man....and was reduced significantly by that stupid ass movie.

</font>

[/ QUOTE ] That's funny Sam, I didn't associate that movie with Gunny Hathcock at all. The only thing I saw that resembled him was the shot through the scope. The movie sucked.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Scott....yeah, the "movie" was based on his life as a Marine Sniper.

That one shot through the scope was documented while on a "hunt" in Elephant Valley in Vietnam.

The rest of it was sensationalized Bullshit!!

His son was at Cherry Point for a while, and led the Shooting Team.

He was NOWHERE near as good as his dad was. Actually, kind of a dickhead.

</font>

Comment

I realised that there were similarities, but I didn't think it was supposed to be based on Hathcock's life. I've read a couple books on Gunny Hathcock, and that movie doesn't come close. The second one was even worse, if you can believe that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Scott

Comment

<font color="yellow">Unfortunately bro...I can believe it.

Gy Hathcock was probably THE best sniper of our times, bar none.

Truly takes a special person to be a sniper....marksmanship is only a small fraction of it. </font>

Comment

Working...
                              X