computer (windows related) question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer (windows related) question

Ok, I just bought a 20 gig Gateway P3 933mhz for 60.00.
    It appears it had Windows 2000 pro on it at one time and has the sticker with the code for it.
    I was hoping I could get the seller to put a copy of 2000 on it for 10.00 additional but they shipped it out to me (local) w/o charge before I could make any arrangements with them.
    Since this arrived w/o a OS, can I use a copy of Windows 2000 and the product key on the sticker would still work for this? Or is the key indigenous to the cd?

(it would seem to me that a copy would work w/o issue, I just want to check with people who are more savvy at this than myself)

Ahh, looking about, I guess if the key is registered, you would not be able to use it again?

Re: computer (windows related) question

I reuse windows keys all the time, I have a list of like 150
    keys just for xp pro [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, you'll be fine.
      Using the the already provided product key/number will be fine. If you need to, use a product key/number generator.
      A very useful piece of software for windows OS's.
      You can download it from just about anywhere.
      Enjoy the generator while you can cause once "vista" gets here, vista is gonna change nearly everything in the PC world. I won't go into this right now so I'll save it for another discussion.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

If you can get a hold of a Windows 2000 OEM disc it should work fine with that serial number.

Comment

Working...
          X