Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take the Redneck Challenge

Redneck Challenge

We are sick and tired of hearing about how dumb people are in the South, and we challenge any so-called smart Yankee to take this exam:

1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a 10 pound possum.

2. Which of these cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in your front yard?
    (A) '65 Ford Fairlane
    (B) '69 Chevrolet Chevelle
    (C) '64 Pontiac GTO.

3. If your uncle builds a still which operates at a capacity of 20 gallons of shine produced per hour, how many car radiators are required to condense the product?

4. A woodcutter has a chainsaw which operates at 2700 RPM. The density of the pine trees in the plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many Budweisers will be drunk before the trees are cut down?

5. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1-inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many dogs will be killed?

6. A man owns a Georgia house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an average slope of 15%. The man has five children. Can each of his grown children place a mobile home on the man's land and still have enough property for their electric appliances to sit out front?

7. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding 900 yards down a steep slope on a secondary road at 45 MPH. The brakes fail. Given average traffic conditions on secondary roads, what is the probability that it will strike a vehicle with a muffler?

8. With a gene pool reduction of of 7.5% per generation, how long will it take a town which has been bypassed by the Interstate to breed a country-western singer?

I betcha thought that there test was gonna be an easy one, didn't ya? It's okay if'n ya didn't do all that well. Just goes to show ya...

There's a whole heap of things that big city book-learning don't prepare ya for in this life.

As an added bonus for taking the "REDNECK CHALLENGE", here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece...

Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place an order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Take the Redneck Challenge

Kind of reminds me of:

You might be a redneck Jedi if...

- You ever heard the phrase, "May the force be with y'all."

- Your Jedi robe is a camouflage color.

- You have ever used your light saber to open a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.

- At least one wing of your X-Wings is primer colored.

- You have bantha horns on the front of your land speeder.

- You can easily describe the taste of an Ewok.

- You have ever had an X-wing up on blocks in your yard.

- You ever lost a hand during a light saber fight because you had to spit.

- The worst part of spending time on Dagobah is the dadgum skeeters.

- Wookies are offended by your B.O.

- You have ever used the force to get yourself another beer so you didn't have to wait for a commercial.

- You have ever used the force in conjunction with fishing/bowling.

- Your father has ever said to you, "Shoot, son come on over to the dark side...it'll be a hoot."

- You have ever had your R-2 unit use its self-defense electro-shock thingy to get the barbecue grill to light.

- You have a confederate flag painted on the hood of your landspeeder.

- Although you had to kill him, you kinda thought that Jabba the Hutt had a pretty good handle on how to treat his women.

- You have ever accidentally referred to Darth Vader's evil empire as "them damn Yankees."

- You have a cousin who bears a strong resemblance to Chewbacca.

- You suggested that they outfit the Millennium Falcon with red wood deck.

- You were the only person drinking Jack Daniels on the rocks during the cantina scene.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      gotta love this one:
      "4. A woodcutter has a chainsaw which operates at 2700 RPM. The density of the pine trees in the plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many Budweisers will be drunk before the trees are cut down?"

Comment

My neighbors Zeke and Billy Bob Joe Earl Bodine, have been inbreeding their "prize" hunting dogs so long, the dogs are starting to resemble the rest of the family
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

dude please tell me this is just an edited pic.....

Comment

Answers to Newc questions:

1: 3/4"

2: Well, the Fairlane got both cars out of the hole, but, the Chevelle caught up with it on the big end since the tornado peeled the vinyl roof off the top. I am gonna restore those cars some day.

3: Who cares? Uncle could never make no good shine anyways. He likes to dilute it anti-freeze. Grandaddy makes the best shine 'round these here parts.

4:None. We drink Old Milwalkee.

5: Don't make no jokes bout my dogs gettin killed. That aint funny....none at all.

6: Plenty of room.....with a 15% grade though, we better make sure we chock up them wheels so as to keep 'em from rollin away.

7: That sounds like one helluva fun ride. Muffler? How else can you here your car good without a muffler. Ole man Tate can tell whats wrong with your car just by hearing it go down the road. Best mechanic there is. I went by his house the other day and when I got home, he cone called me up and said " I heard you drive by......sounds like you have a flat tire and a cracked windshield". He was right.....and all he needed to do was listen to me drive by.

8: We are still waiting for Hank Williams Jr to stop in. He can have his pick of any woman he wants. He has some good blood I tell ya. And it would be a great honor if he would breed with my wife.-Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Shred: [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] those are hilarious. I can see Redneck Jedi, too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Garth Vader with a pointy plastic helmet and a big KKK badge on his chestplate [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Bo and Luke Skywalker in the General Kenobi [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              R2D2 as a walking mini-fridge full of beer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              C3PO....well, pretty useless for anything [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Princess Daisy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Uncle Benny [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lou: Congrats, you win [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place an order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
                [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Brilliant! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X