UFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC

I like to watch UFC and I have watched the UF Season 2 on Spike.

Tonight was the live finale, with the fights in Vegas.

I was rather upset.

I cannot stand Diego Sanchez (Then again, I don't much like Nick Diaz, but I wanted him to win). Sanchez won. (that was the last fight of the night).

First fight was Kenny Florian and some Muai Thai guy who I forget already. I figured he would win, because he looked like a bad ass, and I had seen Florian lose to Diego before. I was wrong. (this was the first fight).

The Second fight was Joe Stevenson and Luke Cummo. I wanted Luke to win, and watching the fight, I think he did, however the judges gave it to Joe. What bothered me the most about it was, Dana white (owner of UFC) came out and said it was like "Stephen and Forest only on the ground" the difference being, he didn't hand out two contracts. (this was fight two).

Fight three was Rashad Evans and Brad Hill Billy Heart throb. I wanted Rashad to win. Everyone thought they could take him out, and man, he whooped some ass all season. He won be decision tonight.

There wasn't really too much shit talking, save between Sanchez and Diaz (whom both I dislike), and I really like the friendliness between Luke and Joe.

Good fights though.

Does anyone else watch this stuff?

Re: UFC

[ QUOTE ]
    The Second fight was Joe Stevenson and Luke Cummo. I wanted Luke to win, and watching the fight, I think he did, however the judges gave it to Joe. What bothered me the most about it was, Dana white (owner of UFC) came out and said it was like "Stephen and Forest only on the ground" the difference being, he didn't hand out two contracts. (this was fight two).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that bothered me too! This fight was NOTHING like the Stephen vs. Forrest fight!

I watch almost every Saturday. I love boxing too but, this shit just kicks ass! I'm gonna watch the Klitschko vs. Rahman PPV fight next Saturday... That should be a GREAT fight!

Comment

I would have liked to see Luke win as well. He reminds me of Francis from Stripes. Rashad's win to me was narrow, if he did not have those two or three knock downs Brad would have won. I was glad to see Rashad win, but Brad in my opinion was way more agressive. The Sanchez-Diaz fight was lame. I like Diego even with all the hokey spiritual shit but that fight was a bust. This season of TUF was not as good as the last one.

Comment

See, I thought Rashad did good in that fight, he couldn't be as "aggressive" against Brad, because Brad is 6 7. He had to pick and choose carefully. I think he executed that fight very well, and with the multiple times he sat Brad down.

The Luke fight didn't have the stand up that the Forrest fight did. I mean, on the ground it was great, because you had Luke, who is pretty much a stand up guy, going against a guy who is a pretty good fighter on the ground. I think Luke could have gave the stand up, had Joe wanted it, but I think Joe figured after a few good wacks, that he didn't want it anymore.

The thing I wonder is, when you lose the fight in the finals, are you still able to fight in the UFC? I know Nate "The Rock" Quarry is fighting in the UFC, and he missed out on the show (1st season I believe).

I'd like to think that, Luke would have a chance to be a UFC fighter.

The Diaz/Sanchez fight was lame to me, because you know that Diaz just wanted to punch him in the face as many times as he could, I mean, I can't stand Diego, so I'm pretty sure that Nick doesn't like him either.

Good shit, I'm probably going to get some friends together to get the PPV for this.

Comment

Man I really dont like that nick diaz guy. There are a lot of guys from the Ultimate Fighter series that are now fighting in the UFC. Sam whats his face with the red hair lost TWICE in the first season and I saw him fighting the other day. I figure Dana sees some talent in these young fighters and wants to use them.
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I was hoping for Diego to get hiss ass handed to him..well that didn't happen...not evn close

I wanted the big guy Brad Imes to win too..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was a diehard fan in the early days but I don't care for it as much anymore (I still watch it though). It was great to see a 175 lb Royce Gracie take on someone like Kimo or Dan Severn who had 75 lbs on him. No gloves, groin shots and head butts were allowed, etc. It was more "real" back in those days...closer to a true street fight minus eye gouging, fishhooks, and nose & ear rips (all weapons of a true street fighter).
              I competed in Muai Thai back in those days which piqued my interest as well. I'm considering getting back into it just for the fitness aspect of the workouts (I've gained over 30 pounds since I last competed).

Comment

I used to watch the old UFC too. I think I only missed #1. It got a bit too WWF for me for a while. I know they are still fighters, but it was clear they were grooming personalities more than fighters. I think it is has gotten away from that a tad and I still watch when I can. My wife watches too. She fell asleep last night during the finals and this morning she wanted to know who won. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah it makes you wonder what the TUF series is for because most of the guys from season one have appeared in UFC fights. A few weeks ago Leben became a ranked fighter meaning he is in. On the same night Koshcek lost a fight in the last minute of the 3rd round that he would have won if he had not gotten cocky. Since he lost he is still not a ranked fighter. Sam Hogar has done a UFC fight or two since the series. Most of the guys that get on the show know someone that is in the UFC. The show is cool but in my opinion they need to just do something like Friday night fights. Let people watch these guys come up and when they are big then put em in a ppv.

Comment

From what I've read, it just seems that the people who win the series, get a 6 figure contract. I think that is what the difference between a regular fighter, and a "contest winner".

I wish there was a place, where you could see each fighter, and if he was contracted to the UFC, or if he just fought. And if that's the case, where you just fight, what compensation do you get?

Comment

I was on that show, but I kicked everyone's ass to easily. Bunch of sissies. They sent me home cause just me wasn't entertaining winning all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I was hoping for Diego to get hiss ass handed to him..well that didn't happen...not evn close

I wanted the big guy Brad Imes to win too..

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry Diego will get killed but since he won first season the UFC has to throw him sime paper bags so it looks like the show works.
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I've been recording The Ultimate Fighter and UFC Unleashed. I also used to watch it back in the day with Severn and Gracie.

First thing, I don't know why people don't like Diego Sanchez. Second thing, I don't know why people are dogging the Sanchez/Diaz fight. Maybe because I come from a wrestling background, but I thought it was great. The reversals in that match were unbelieavable. Sanchez did what he had to do to neutralize Diaz by keeping it on the ground, but Diaz showed incredible heart and skills to not get grounded/pounded like Florian did against Sanchez.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Yeah, I thought the fight between them was good, I just think it was lame, because the guy I wanted to lose, won :P

Comment

Does anyone like Diego though? I have yet to meet anyone who actually doesn't that guy to get poun ded.

As far as fights go I think my fav was Forest vs Bonner. My god that was a great fight. 2005 that was a great fight and in the Boxing World Castillo vs Corales I was one of the best boxing matches.

only watched the first few episodes of this UFC season. Who was good?
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X