used shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used shotguns

Anyone know of good online places to look for used shotguns? I want to get a 12 gauge for deer and bird hunting. Mostly deer.
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Re: used shotguns

Have you checked gunbroker.com? It's ebay for guns!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Have you checked gunbroker.com? It's ebay for guns!

[/ QUOTE ]

Excatly, or Gunsamerica if you just want to buy in a non-auction format.

I used to have a serious shotgun addiction......

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

awsome, thanks!
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

do they have one that my toe can reach?
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Dude, just tie a piece of string from the trigger to your big toe. Voila. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I found my Winchester Model 12 on gunbroker.com a few years ago. Auction ended with no bids and I contacted seller and bought said shotgun. gunsamerica.com is cool to.

Comment

One thing to be said about buying a gun online, it will have to be shipped to a FFL licensed dealer. Even then they still have to call it in and do the background check stuff. Most dealers don't like to do the paperwork, and charge anywhere from $25 and up. From what I've heard, $25 or less is a decent deal for the paperwork.

Read up on the rules, there are a few hoops to jump through before you can get your gun if you win one. The gunbroker.com website covers the rules thoroughly.

Comment

Check the local pawn shops. I bought a very nice Remington 1100 this year for dove hunting.

Comment

How much do you want to spend? A good deer shotgun isn't really the greatest bird gun. Most deer/slug shotguns are 24" or so and are cylinder, IC or have a slug choke... most bird guns are 28-30" and are modified or full, depending if you are required to use steel or can use lead.

More info... I work at a gun shop and can get you something pretty cheap if you want, and I won't have to pay gunbroker, gunsamerica or auctionarms fees, and I can send you photos of a few guns on the cheap side, if you're looking to be thrifty... PM me with your daytime phone number and I'll ring ya and fix you if up you like.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm not expecting to be a hard core hunter. Just deer hunting each year. Any bird hunting would be real low key. I'd like to keep it around $300.00 I hear the remington 870 as a good place to start. They have a combo deal with a rifled barrel and smooth. New it's around $390.00

Comment

$390 seems pretty good for an 870. I paid $450 about 8-9 years ago for a new 870 Wingmaster. I got robbed? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I bought a Remington Model 29 in PREMIER GRADE on Gunbroker about 5 years ago. It was, hands down, the most amazing pumper I ever saw. Full coverage engraving, circassian Walnut, amazing carving and checkering. The only that killed it was the Corn Cobb polychoke on the barrel. Kept the price down to less than a grand.

What a steal.

Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            $390 seems pretty good for an 870. I paid $450 about 8-9 years ago for a new 870 Wingmaster. I got robbed? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the 870 wingmaster. The cheaper 870 express. Not sure what the difference is.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the 870 wingmaster. The cheaper 870 express. Not sure what the difference is.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wingmaster has a polished blue, instead of the matte finish, and it has higher grade wood/checkering.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X