Death Metal Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Metal Heaven

Oh man...last night I saw the best death metal show I've ever seen. Dew Scented/Aborted/Cryptopsy/Suffocation/Vader and I think there were 2 more, but after last night I'm just glad I remembered those guys. Everyone was freakin awsome, I was kinda pissed Dew Scented opened the show, they were awsome, but played for only 25 min or so. With like 7 bands on the bill, I'm glad I got to hear even that much though. Cryptopsy's new album sounded awsome live. Vader blew me away though since I never saw em live. They were insane, and they ended with Raining Blood. Apparently they do that after almost every show, but since I never seen em that was the best thing I've ever seen. Almost got ripped apart in that pit! Also got to meet Veli from the boards. Great guy, wish I could've met more of ya. Good thing too is the guys from Darkane and SYL were there because they're playing tonight at another venue, but I'm so broke (spent all the $ on beer [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], kinda a double edged sword there), so I can't see em. But I was drinkin with em, had a nice long conversation and had fun. Those guys are so down to earth it's not even natural man. The singer (can't recall his name right now) is one of those guys who really appreciate the fans, he told me "We're nothing without you guys, we'd still be playing in our basement in Sweden, so thanks". Makes ya feel good to know even simple conversation is appreciated by guys like that, cause god knows I've met a few people who were less enthusiastic about talking with the fans. Ah well, I can't remember specifics about the night except security fukkin sucks there! I hate that place with a passion when it comes to metal shows. I'd go as far as to say I won't ever go there again, but that's the only place metal shows play when they come to NY. They security guards were kicking people out left and right for no good reason and were roughin people up. I mean damn, when your crowdsurfing (your not suppose to do it, and we understand that) the don't take ya down and put ya back. They push you back till they can't push any more then I've seen em take people violently, throw em to the floor, then with more force that needed, push you to the side. Even bigger venues security guards are cooler than that place. Besides that, it was a great night! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Death Metal Heaven

Oh man I have to go back to NY! Denver never gets any decent shows.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I love Suffocation, wish they would come by here again..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on by dude, next time there's a show, I'll get ya so wasted ya won't remember Denver [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Lotta good shows comin through actually in the next 2 months. Arch Enemy, In Nile, Hypocrisy, Children of Bodom (not in one show, the world can't be that kickass for me)

Comment

Vader, Dew Scented and Decapitated are here on Friday, but I gota work. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I think I'll sneak out around midnight to catch Vader.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I'm partial to Dew Scented and Vader..Suffocation and Deacapitated I would love to see.

sounds like a great bill..I always wanted to see Hypocrisy ..their new VIRUS album ..KILLS! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hypocrisy is comin around with Nile, Decapitated and Soilent Green in Feb. That should be another kickass show too [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Damn, seems like Nile and Vader are on constant tour!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Children of Bodom

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Hmm, that's a band I'd love to see. I haven't been to NY in quite awhile... and it's not like it's really far from me either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon, I saw Vader w/ Kreator in Denver and Ft. Collins just last February.

Comment

Working...
                    X