I'm leavin the band I put together after 5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm leavin the band I put together after 5 years

Yep,sad decision but I think it's the right thing to do.I wrote every single riff that band played but now I believe I did everything I could for it and now I just need a break.Wish me good luck for the future guys,cos I dunno what will happen.

Re: I\'m leavin the band I put together after 5 years

Hey hey. Good luck man. I know how it is. I'm leaving my band after the last 5 years off and on.
    LATER!!!
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I'm sure that was a very hard decision. I couldn't imagine leaving my band. Hope everything works out for you. Enjoy your break!

Comment

I had to do the same thing years ago. I went through all kinds of crap trying to get who I thought were the right people together, I wrote 90% of the music, arranged the gigs, etc. It came to a point where just getting everyone together at one time for rehearsal was a major chore. The singer and drummer were always late or missing because they were trying to score some weed. So eventually I just told the bass player "sorry John, I can't deal with these asshats anymore, I'm out". So a couple of weeks later I'm at a friend's house, and my former drummer is there and says to me "don't even think about asking to be back in the band". I didn't know whether to laugh or punch him. I just looked at him and said "what band is that?". They ended up never playing another show. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It's always a bad sign when:
          -You HAVE to write all the band's parts
          -You WANT to write all the parts

If you can't co-operate with other musicians, for whatever reason, no matter who is at fault, it's best to be a solo artist who hires people to play what they've written. Hired guns are generally more dependable than "buds", and are more open to taking orders.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey 426... what is the name of your band?
            Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
            The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I left my band in August. After that the band kind of fizzled out. It kind of sucks not playing out anymore. Myself and the lead guitarist (my best friend) will probably put something together in the spring.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

So you're ex-exhuman now? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey hey. My band is (was) Punch Box.
                  Newc you bring up an interesting point about writing all the parts. I did just that because I did not trust them to write anything but cliches on there own. We have been a cover band for the past 2 years and just this Saturday I got the idea that I am much happier not being in a band, but writing on my own or with a few people now and then on projects. I do not like playing out that much anyhow. Hope all you guys are happier now that you are out of your bad situations. I have not told them yet because 2 of them cancelled practice yesterday.....HAHAHHAA
                  LATER!!!
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Re: I\'m leavin the band I put together after 5 yea

[ QUOTE ]
                    It's always a bad sign when:
                    -You HAVE to write all the band's parts
                    -You WANT to write all the parts

If you can't co-operate with other musicians, for whatever reason, no matter who is at fault, it's best to be a solo artist who hires people to play what they've written. Hired guns are generally more dependable than "buds", and are more open to taking orders.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I think I will do. I just hope to find people that can follow me. My band mates rarely missed a rehersal. They were good members and I will always remember this but:

-My job is taking lots of time and I don't have the "mind" to follow the band,write songs etc.
                    -I want to change a bit the way I play,and I'm sure they will not appreciate this.
                    -I need more time for myself.

I hope that everything turns out well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yes Ron,you're correct. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Yes Ron,you're correct. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you now just human, or rehuman? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I left my band in August. After that the band kind of fizzled out. It kind of sucks not playing out anymore. Myself and the lead guitarist (my best friend) will probably put something together in the spring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that be Mr. Pink? You should call yourselves "Reservoir Dogs"!. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            So are you now just human, or rehuman? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Ehr...that's a good question! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X