The emotion you get out of this solo, WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The emotion you get out of this solo, WOW

keith richards kicks his ass. do you want to pull up to a bunch of sugartwinkies with this on, oe Brown Sugar by the stones. i'll go with the latter.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I didn't like that first clip one bit except for the fact that it was fast. The rhythm was off time which gets on my nerves, it has no toe tapping quality. Music = Melody. That solo work contained no melody whatsoever. You can train an ape to do that.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play it can't you ???? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant for you to prove it. You have pretty remarkable skills for a primate. Although I have seen some monkeys on TV that could type faster [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Who's ready for the quad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=G...&search=guitar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Who's ready for the quad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=G...&search=guitar

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, it was hard for me to stomach that clip, but I tried to stay with it......yes, it was a quad guitar, but was he doing anything that couldn't have been done on one guitar? It looked to me like he was just switching from one neck to the other.

Comment

let's see you play cross handed on a lefty guitar [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

From a performance standpoint quite impressive, but I'd rather have seen him play the entire solo with a left-handed guitar cross-handed. As I said, performance-wise impressive, but musically awful IMO. I think I would enjoy that more at a circus.....that would be a better context.

Comment

First off, Michael Angelo is an amazing player. He's accomplished a lot compared to most. Some may like him, some don't. That's cool.

Second of all, I have never seen Shawn Lane play before. I've heard the name, but goddamn! I need to look into his stuff more. That video is amazing shit. I put it on my favorites. I'll be watching it over and over.

Comment

I guess pissing match posts only prove one thing....You don't aim at the guy that sits at the bottom of the heap. That last video is way cheesy, I'll totally agree with that. But his left brain, right brain thing freaks me out. Like his playing or not, that takes a lot of...whatever you want to call it.(Not the play along vids, but the other actual playing he does on multipul necks.) I'd like to play like Keith, I'd like to play like Becker, I'd like to play like Van Halen. Hell, I'd love to play like Pete(Twisteramps/Oklastrat)and yes, I wish I could have the understanding of the guitar and talent that Michael and others have.
                  The Buzzard does not fear
                  The man in riot gear
                  Harvest a skull of stone
                  The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I think anytime you get another guitar player to do one or more of the following after seeing you play you have kicked his ass. So if another guitar player

1) says how he prefers more soul and emotion in a solo, or
                    2) says those licks are all show, or
                    3) he shuts up (and possibly sulking)

then you have humbled him.

The opposite is also true. Unless you are a true guitar god, when another guitar player walks up and says one of the following:

1) hey you sounded great, or
                    2) I really like your tone, or
                    3) I like how you varied that solo from the original

then he thinks he's better than you.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I didn't dig the note choices of the first half of the solo, but thought the second half was very tasty, and the playing throughout was impeccable.

His playing sort of pisses me off, because I'll never attain
                      that level of ability. Recognizing that, I can let go of my jealousy and stick with slightly healthier envy instead.

Shame about Shawn Lane, but he's dead now and thus out of competition. His music was phenomenal, but in terms of being well-kiown he makes Michaelangelo look like EVH. And frankly, metalhead prejudices being what they are, no one would take lessons from the goofy-looking fat guy, or admit to him being their guitar idol. Except, of course, for someone like Paul Gilbert, who's pretty much above reproach himself. Paul said Shawn was "scary", and to scare Paul Gilbert on guitar is serious, IMO.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Second of all, I have never seen Shawn Lane play before. I've heard the name, but goddamn! I need to look into his stuff more. That video is amazing shit. I put it on my favorites. I'll be watching it over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, Travis. I'm probably going to hunt that one down & buy it to get the book, too. His approach to pentatonics was awesome, & I've been working on his technique for using a different finger for notes at the same fret on adjacent strings, rather than rolling 1 finger. Too cool!

Comment

He's friggen amazing. I have no desire to listen to him past this clip, but...he's amazing.

Comment

I can't say who can out sred who Shawn or Mike..

I'd say they are both amazing players..

They both have the fire , articulation and speed I always strived for..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              I didn't like that first clip one bit except for the fact that it was fast. The rhythm was off time which gets on my nerves, it has no toe tapping quality. Music = Melody. That solo work contained no melody whatsoever. You can train an ape to do that.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can play it can't you ???? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant for you to prove it. You have pretty remarkable skills for a primate. Although I have seen some monkeys on TV that could type faster [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you lost me......

Comment

Working...
                              X