the mixerman diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the mixerman diaries

hey, any of you guys remember this? it was posted here a couple of years ago. basically, the diary of an anonymous engineer who documented the recording process of a band referred to as bitch slap.

here's a link to the diaries (abridged now) http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/mm/week1/mm.php

anyway, it's been available in book form for some time now, but they're currently on sale for 11.95 + shipping. you guys should enjoy it thoroughly

http://www.mixerman.net/buy/cart.php?target=cart
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Re: the mixerman diaries

My buddy bought the book after I sent him the link, he loved it so much (he's a musician too), so after he read it I got to. Awesome book, highly recommended.

Bitch Slap rules!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

any idea as to the real identities here, or is this fictional?
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

no idea about the identities, but it's real. there's a segment in there about a big pane of glass being broken in the studio, and someone had commented on his board about how that's not too tough to verify and reveal who he and everyone else in the story is.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The incidents described could fit many L.A.-based rock and metal bands of the late 80s-early 90s that I know of, and I doubt much has changed since then. I know lots of drummers who used that "I'm not a robot" line, which just means they can't play to a click track, or in consistent time, period!
          I just love the producer's name, Willy Show! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can also see why you'd need to smoke some fatties to deal with all that shit!

"Send 'em on a cruise so we can get the record done!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh, this is great! I'm reading week 1 right now...so far it's fantastic!

EDIT: OK, now I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!!! Thank you, Sully, I most certainly needed this!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
              X