What's wrong with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with you?

hey, I'm from Germany and sometimes take a look on ya 'bay.
    But hey, why do most of you guys only ship to the US? Some even say "no Alaska or Hawaii"( talking to you THORK). WTF!!!
    You just write a address, you aint have to bring it by yourself!
    What's wrong with you? I cant understand this.
    Do you want to keep your treasures in your country?
    You can make more money accepting oversees bitter.
    And even there aint no risk. First money, than delivery.
    [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: What\'s wrong with you?

Could be that some scams originate from outside the US. Within the US we have a better chance of recovering money or the item if the buyer turns out to be shady.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

what's wrong with me?
      if i knew, i wouldn't be like this.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Could be that some scams originate from outside the US. Within the US we have a better chance of recovering money or the item if the buyer turns out to be shady.

[/ QUOTE ]
        That and dealing with customs can be a real pain.
        It's not as simple as putting an address on it and sending it on it's merry way. Some countries have weird import restrictions and then insuring an item can be a real pain as well.
        For the most part, it's just not worth the hassle.
        Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii are too expensive as well... must ship via air.
        -Rick

Comment

There are sooooo many things that can make an International order bad.

1. No shipping service allows for signed delivery confirmation when shipping overseas which is what a seller needs to produce to be protected against a credit card chargeback.
          2. Credit Cards charge almost twice the rate for an International Card.
          3. Banks can charge you upwards of $50 if a cashiers check/money order is drawn out of an International bank with no USA branches.
          4. It's easier to forge an International money order.
          5. Like Tekky said, it's almost impossible to track down a scammer from overseas.
          6. It can take upwards of 6 weeks or more to get a package after it has been shipped.
          7. When I did allow International bidders on ebay, well over 1/2 would never follow through.

Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            There are sooooo many things that can make an International order bad.

1. No shipping service allows for signed delivery confirmation when shipping overseas which is what a seller needs to produce to be protected against a credit card chargeback.
            2. Credit Cards charge almost twice the rate for an International Card.
            3. Banks can charge you upwards of $50 if a cashiers check/money order is drawn out of an International bank with no USA branches.
            4. It's easier to forge an International money order.
            5. Like Tekky said, it's almost impossible to track down a scammer from overseas.
            6. It can take upwards of 6 weeks or more to get a package after it has been shipped.
            7. When I did allow International bidders on ebay, well over 1/2 would never follow through.

[/ QUOTE ]

8. International money orders are often sent for collection by US banks which delays payment for weeks.
            9. International money orders can take 6-8 months to clear foreign banking systems which can result in fraudulent MOs being charged back against the US account to which they were deposited many months after their deposit.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Hmmm, so, Der_Kopf (if that's your real name), fix those items and we'll send you a whole bunch of stuff!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I have dealt internationally with buyers. One time the guy sent cash (US). That was cool. One time an item took months to get out of customs (Italy). That was not cool. I will only list an item for international bidding if I think I can get considerably more money for the added risk and hassle. Otherwise, it is not worth it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hmmm, so, TËKKŸ (if that's your real name) [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Hmmm, so, TËKKŸ (if that's your real name) [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. It was the name given to me by a band I tech'd for.

Lighten up a little sunshine!
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

I'm getting a little irritated today. I've been working on some pain in the ass bugs all day. I've been trying to derail the France thread all day. And I'm getting nowhere with either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

What's rong with me? Absolutely nuthing. Bugs suck and France sucks. I listen to the BBC on my pubic radio station. Whenever they have a French person talk, I turn it off. I can't stand a French person speaking English. And not only that, they don't have a clue about what's going on. What's even worse than that, the BBC does the sports report and starts cranking out cricket scores. That has me stumpted. Anybody play cricket? I don't think the French do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] How's that for splittiing threads. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

BBC - British Broadcasting - maybe that's why they have French guests and talk about Cricket? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            BBC - British Broadcasting - maybe that's why they have French guests and talk about Cricket? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Yea, but you get great news. I know everthing you ever wanted to know about Africa. And a very different slant on what's going on around here. I even know about "football". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What's not wrong with me?!?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X