What's wrong with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s wrong with you?

You could restrict international shipping to PayPal-payments. I've gone that route a bunch of times and I've never had any problems, neither had the sellers. I've made some really good deals that way (WRMG with about 33-40% savings, high-end Ibanez 7-string (yeah, I know [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) for a little more than the bottom-of-the-line model costs here, EMGs that I could sell with 100% profit...) and never looked back.
    Problem is the shipping - you never know what those monkeys are going to do to your stuff, and if something really arrives broken, you're kinda fucked. But I guess you're fucked in the US as well if something breaks. Ah well. You can still send those guys an email asking if they'd accept paypal and would be alright with shipping to your place if you shell out the dough.

Comment

As long as "what's wrong with me" doesn't impact anyone too dramatically, who gives a flying squat. That is a topic that belongs on Bill's thread. As for me, there's all kinds of things wrong but I don't give a squat as long as I don't have to ship internationally. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

International Buyer usually means "buh bye guitar, never to see American shores again". If it's a USA/90 Pro Jackson or Charvel, people get a little more antsy about that kinda thing than over a current "we got plenty" import.

It also means paperwork. Paperwork sucks, but then we complain about the international treaties our guvmint signs that makes it easier to ship internationally by reducing paperwork and fees because it costs us our jobs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And you ALWAYS run across a buyer who wants the insurance declaration to be below replacement value to reduce the import taxes they have to pay, which means if it gets broken or lost, someone's getting screwed.
        Either that or they wanna haggle over the selling price so that they pay a TOTAL price (with shipping) equal to your asking price (international shipping is usually $100+) cuz the taxes are gonna be soooo high and they've already paid out sooooo much money :suck:

Even Alaska and Hawaii and Canada require some extra paperwork or extra effort beyond "weigh and pay", as well as extra risk. Shipments to Alaska have to cross Canadian land, which means it is technically being exported from America into Canada, then imported into America again [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, if you go PayPal, the only problem is the shipping.
          But hey, if the guitar is in a case and the send-man keeps the receipt, I aint see no problem.

Back to the Hawaii Alaska topic: that's bad! Here in EU we can send stuff allaround and it only last 1 or maybe 2 days longer than a national dipatch.
          I know Hawaii is quite a way, but its still one country.

Anyway, I guess I have to suck every single seller...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Well, if you go PayPal, the only problem is the shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. If you pay with PayPal and later claim that you didn't receive the item it's my understanding that PayPal will happily screw the seller and refund your money unless: a) you have a verified PayPal address (US & Canada only AFAIK), and b) the seller was able to ship via a method that forced you, and only you, to sign for the goods when they arrived.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Hmmm, so, Der_Kopf (if that's your real name)

[/ QUOTE ]

Psst, THEY are watching. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                a) you have a verified PayPal address (US & Canada only AFAIK)

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Scotland and am a VERIFIED member of paypal.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  a) you have a verified PayPal address (US & Canada only AFAIK)

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Scotland and am a VERIFIED member of paypal.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Dito for me in Germany...And I don´t even HAVE a Credit card...

Comment

Did someone say paperwork? I suppose if you chew with your mouth open and share a bed with your sister I can understand how crippling that one extra piece of shipping documentation can be. The trick is you must have an IQ higher than the customs declaration. Paperwork - give me friggin' break. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

No kidding...it's one form!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Did someone say paperwork? I suppose if you chew with your mouth open and share a bed with your sister I can understand how crippling that one extra piece of shipping documentation can be. The trick is you must have an IQ higher than the customs declaration. Paperwork - give me friggin' break. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see this problem, too.
                        At least overhere you just write down the address, at the bottom the country it's going to and that's it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          (international shipping is usually $100+)

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. Try a double boxed Rhoads to Norway: $367 - $444 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This thread is gay, and I am drunk! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What's wrong with me..?

I suffer from OCD

Obese Cock Disorder..a horrible infliction..I have to reinforce all the crotches in my Levis. If not , I'll have a blow out in the crotchal region and it looks like I'm smuggling a Puffer Fish..not a pretty sight..

But one hell of a visual I just left with you.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks Bill...
                                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
                                X