Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s wrong with you?

[ QUOTE ]

Huh. Try a double boxed Rhoads to Norway: $367 - $444 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean? $400 shipping? cant be right.
    please explain me...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Well, if you go PayPal, the only problem is the shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. If you pay with PayPal and later claim that you didn't receive the item it's my understanding that PayPal will happily screw the seller and refund your money unless: a) you have a verified PayPal address (US & Canada only AFAIK), and b) the seller was able to ship via a method that forced you, and only you, to sign for the goods when they arrived.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No shipping service allows for signed delivery confirmation when shipping overseas which is what a seller needs to produce to be protected against a credit card chargeback.

That is exactly the same for PayPal. No Delivery Confirmation means no poof Owner of Credit Card or PayPal account got merchandise.

Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

Huh. Try a double boxed Rhoads to Norway: $367 - $444 [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean? $400 shipping? cant be right.
        please explain me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it CAN be right, hence the problem. A European bids on yoiur USA auction, then gets the shipping quote and backs out. Especially when he realizes the customs fees and import duties are adding on another 25% or more.

Then there's the guy who asks you to declare a lower amount to save money. Then it comes in damaged, and the easiest way out is to chargeback the poor schlub in the US, who has no money, no item, and no recourse.

Thank your fellow Europeans who have done this often enough that it's a known and feared phenomenon, and leads to many US sellers opting to avoid the potential problems. If someone wants to risk it, fine; if not, also fine. I can see why it's frustrating from your POV, but you also have to understand thew POV of those who've been ripped off, as well as those who don't want to be. If a guy in the US rips me off, I can drive to his fromt door and directly get some satisfaction.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          If a guy in the US rips me off, I can drive to his fromt door and directly get some satisfaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

that's the way to go!

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

well, my mother suggests I might suffer from Aspergers Syndrome, since my younger brother does & I share many of the signs of the disorder.

But a friend who is a deputy principal says if I was a student at his school, he certainly wouldn't sign me off for Aspergers and says I'm more likely a candidate for OCD instead.

That's why I love my (few) friends and family - they've known me for years and years, but won't tell me I'm a fuckup until I ask. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

sorry I mush have a problem because I'll only ship CONUS and accept bids from US bidders.. Too much PITA for interntaional shipping duties, taxes bla bla. We're fukin lazy Americans and another form to fill out for shit you sell on eBay is one less thing to worry about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

the scam factorehas a lot to do with it as well.

Why not just hang on German ebay and then you dont have a problem, right? I certainly dont search german eBay to have stuff sent here.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

So, Shawn are you saying that you wouldn't accept a bid from a Canadian? We live on the same land mass, you eat our contaminated beef and oh, yeah we gave you Pam Anderson, Dan Akroyd and Celine Dion. I don't think I helped my cause, did I?
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I don't think it's any of those things Jimmy; it's that the border guards are so touchy about bringing guns across the border. I mean if you're on a collections mission you have to have your tools... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X