Blew my bike up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blew my bike up

She was such a great bike.. very fast for a cruiser..

Rear cyclinder dropped a valve..

The whole rear jug, cam, head, piston has to be replaced..

Looks like a grenade went off.

$1500.00 in parts alone...

PISS me OFF!! Fuk! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Blew my bike up

How hard can it be to fix it yurself? At least you don't have to deal with all the fairings and stuff that makes a pocket-rocket. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      How hard can it be to fix it yurself?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like a grenade went off.

$1500.00 in parts alone...

[/ QUOTE ]

Either of those two might have something to do with it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He just got a price on parts. Riddle me this, Batman!!! Will he fix it himself?
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Bikes are easy to fix
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Hell, from the description I thought the whole bike exploded! I was expecting some cool pics! All you did was trash a jug and a head? Remember the rule my friend, "if you ain't breakin' parts, you ain't drivin it right!!" Just rebuild the SOB and get back on the road (and quit whining about it!!!!) Geez........
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

If you're in Toronto, riding season has to be almost over anyway, right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, have fun this winter fixing her up
              for spring - which means June there, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

See, if I said I blew up my Jackson.. I'd get more sympathy from you lot! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sure I can fix the bike.. problem is.. it's almost half the cost of buying the same bike used! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

On the upside.. I found a motor for $600.00 in Virginia.. on the downside, I don't have wheels.. so I'm scrambling to find a ride.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  See, if I said I blew up my Jackson.. I'd get more sympathy from you lot! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sure I can fix the bike.. problem is.. it's almost half the cost of buying the same bike used! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

On the upside.. I found a motor for $600.00 in Virginia.. on the downside, I don't have wheels.. so I'm scrambling to find a ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok where the hell can I buy a Softail for $3000? If you know somebody selling one for that price, PM me immediately!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Is that a Yamaha? It doesn't look like it has Harley heads to me (though I'm on a Beemer, so I don't have them memorized)
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

dude, thats a beautiful looking bike. nice paintjob [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok where the hell can I buy a Softail for $3000? If you know somebody selling one for that price, PM me immediately!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Dude, that's no Harley. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Stuka's right.. it's not a Harley

It's a Vulcan.

I had enough of my FXR.. it treated me well, but it was a constant battle to keep her in top shape..then a connecting rod broke trying to outrace a 1200 hot-cammed sporty.

That coupled with Harley's re-sale value I decided to jump to the dark side (Asian)

Problem was.. I was so into HD style, I had to find the perfect clone..

And I did.. Kawasak 800 custom

Parked next to a Softail, it's tough to spot the difference for a non-HD rider, both have pretty much the same look, wheelbase.ect.

She has a single pin offset crank, with pipes she's a DEAD ringer for THE sound too.

In fact, if you've got a keen eye.. you might notice a few HD items on mine.

Main Differences being.. the Vulcan makes more HP than a stock TC88 or Evo, weighs less (425lbs) and handles much better than my clapped out ride.

I'm not bashing HD.. they are a good, strong, pretty bike.

I AM bashing HD's pricing.. completely insane.. Nowhere near worth the "image" price.

$15,000.00 for a 58 HP/700+lbs vs $5500.00, 62 hp/425 lbs...

When I look at those numbers.. I don't see how I can go back to a new HD again..

Comment

Just get a new bike, you know this is the perfect excuse to "have" to get a new one! If your into the HD clones, the new Kawasaki 900 looks like the ticket in the mid size class(jeeze, I remember when a 750 was a monster sized bike!). For more sportyness, the new Kawasaki Ninja 650R looks like a really cool bike, with a pretty neutral seating position. Me, I'll just keep my '04 HD Sportster 1200 Roadster (racing orange, of course!), which wasn't overpriced IMO! BTW, have you seen the new Sportster 1200L? It is really nice. It is bascically a Sportster 1200 Lowrider. All chromed out stock for IIRC $9800. Also, since '04 the 1200 EVOs come stock with Buell heads and sport grind cams, so they are pretty ballsy stock.

Comment

Working...
                            X