Something I Need to Clear Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:

Member Since [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] January 24, 2002 (Global User)

I dont post much because of all the drama - like this thread.
    I just wanna talk gear, old bands (I dont seem to like many new ones), and maybe pick up some cool shit.

Comment

Re:

Those JCF 01 threads were insane. First time I realized Newc was pathalogical [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Man that was some excruciating minutia. From 300 members to 7000, I think we should take a collection for the admins. and give them each a night on the town.

Comment

Re:

I can't remember my old info from back then, but I do remember finding this place back when I was looking for info on my Model 5FX. I was deployed to Saudi Arabia at that time.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Re:

Wow Feb 3 2002 for me

comming up on 4 years of my life spent in the virtual world

I remember having a low member # on JCF and by the time I came to the new board and re registered my # was higher. Very few back then

I remember a few that have faded away

We get older and things Change. Remember when MTV was for us back in the 80s?
          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Re:

I joined in August 2002, and was driving cross-country from LA to MS the board changed over, so I didn't reregister until December 2002. Even though I missed the changeover by abouy a week, I was still only Member #440 when I reregistered.

And yeah, MTV was great for us up til about 1990, and still gave us a bone with HBB through November 1994. Times change
            and we change less than they do...
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re:

[ QUOTE ]
              Those JCF 01 threads were insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god, tell me about it! all the politicking for what 02 would be and how ugly that got. not to mention the 01 verification process. wowee. i still remember posting how i wanted to have 02 "black, black, black as my soullllll" and you posting something under the post title of "sully's soul model." funny whatcha remember, eh?

speaking of memories, you sir, have MANY "back in the day" stories that would certainly be great to hear again, and hear new ones.

glad you're posting a little more these days.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Re:

October 11, 2002 here. I thought I was on here a little before that, but then I can hardly remember what I did last week, let alone three years ago! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was "charvel650xl" originally, back when I had one of those guitars.

Comment

Re:

I am not a big poster here, but I read alot and enjoy the vibe. Thanks admins both past and present for keeping the JCF alive. I have to say this board helps keep me into playing through the information and coolness it provides me. Again, thanks.

Comment

Re:

Member since June 23 2001 for me. It is so wierd to look at the old board now.

Comment

• Re:

Hmm, do I qualify as a veterano? Pretty sure I started in July '02
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Re:

Jeez... July 26, 2001 for me, but I was 99DR3 then. I need to come up with better screen names... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Still in those 4+ years, I still haven't figured out why there is so much drama over the C/J boards and the guitars in general. People take this stuff way too seriously. Silly stuff I tell ya...

Comment

• Re:

I signed up to EZ Board on April 8, 2001 and I'm pretty sure the reason I signed up was to join the JCF. I didn't become very active until this new board came about though.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Re:

Oct 2002 - I joined because I was over at Joels house getting an amp and he told me about the place.
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

• Re:

I've been around since the board that Bret had on vintagecharveljackson.com back in 2000 or 2001. I pretty much agree with what Chad said a few pages back...I used to really like this place in the beginning and then for a while after, but after a while I've just kind of drifted apart from it because the feeling is not the same. I have come into contact with a lot of awesome dudes on the way though, and I sure have learned a lot. I got my first Jackson, a San Dimas Rhoads from Yogadork at an awesome price, and I remember him saying to me that he'd hook me up with an SD guitar because I was young and didn't have a lot of money, and that pretty much defined how things were back then, to me anyway. But I guess all things must change, as this board has and as I have.

Comment

Working...
                              X