What is the best way to get ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to get ......

good detail in digi photos without sacrificing the size of the image (not having to zoom)? I have been trying all morning to get decent pics of my guitars, but I am having no luck whatsoever. Maybe its the camera itself? I don't know...it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't top of the line either...I am trying to photograph the entire guitar, but the details come out *fuzzy*...like you can't read the Jackson on the pickups...the charvel on the headstock is blurry...I am kinda at my wits end trying to do this.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Re: What is the best way to get ......

You're not holding the cam steady or still enough.

If you don't have very calm/steady hands, try using a camerastand (tripod) or something similar or something of the same effect.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

What camera is it?

Comment

Its a Canon Powershot A95....5.0 megapixels (whatever that means LOL)
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Well, that camera is definitely capable of some stellar pictures.

Comment

I guess I am just gonna have to try and find the correct setting?...Lord knows I've tried all of them, but I am not happy with the results...I get the entire guitar in the frame, but then lose all of the details [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img].

Comment

Bill, take a look at your focus mode and see if it's set on center focus. If it is, change it to Flexizone.

Comment

I'm looking for Flexizone now....kinda hard to find LOL

Comment

Also, zoom out and don't worry about the outsides of the shot...crop it in Photoshop, or whatever you have.
                  Any camera is going to give some distortion at the edges, but the Cannon's are the best in class at not having this problem.
                  In Other Words, operator error, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona95/

Comment

Make sure you have enuff light !!! If you don't you get slow shutter speeds and blurry pics if not using a tripod.

Comment

Use natural light whenever possible....
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                        X