Suggestion for new forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for new forum...

Sorry mods if this is not the right place for it... anywho...

I thought it would be pretty cool if we had a forum called "The Work Shop" or something like that. A place where members can post their on going or finished projects, progress, techniques, etc. I know we have a tech section, but this is something a little more personal... to see what others are doing, not necessarily needing help. Seems to be quite a few of us (myself included) who are working on or starting new projects, I think this would be a great place to consolidate all of them. We have these forums on many tech and non-tech car boards that Im a part of, and they really do work out well! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Suggestion for new forum...

That's kinda what the Tech section is but a section just for pics and everything related to projects would be cool
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Put the pics in your thread in the Tech section.

I would like to see the Tech Stickies in their own folder, though - they take up half the first page [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But yeah, Tech Q&A is better reserved for things like wiring/soldering/painting/woodworking/etc questions and tutorials, and a "Work In Progress" section might be nice. I would say post those in one big thread in TQ&A but those always end up one huge string that's hard to follow, so a subsection in there would be better.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yep, I agree with a couple of sub-folders, if that can be done.

Comment

Might be a good idea, but the best way to request it would probably be to PM or email an admin. In fact I think this or a similar question has been raised before.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It is a good idea...but just remember that those that run the forum have a life outside of here as well and setting something up for that with subfolders and such might be pretty time consuming..But ...good idea
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Yeah thats one thing I do realize, there are alot of forums already. Im sure if they ever needed help people would be more than willing to volunteer to moderate forums, UBB is a piece o' cake... hell Id volunteer, Im here enough. :loser: <- we need a loser smilie for people like me too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
              X