Do yourselves a favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do yourselves a favor

And buy Michael Angelo Batio's new release 'Hands Without Shadows' from http://www.angelo.com

It's a shredfest with some great covers and a couple of originals from the world's fastest guitarist [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Drew

Re: Do yourselves a favor

do yourself a favor and don't read this like I did:

http://www.angelo.com/hands_without_shadows.html

man, that guy can play the guitar but he is a nut.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

so when you see him at namm you have to ask him:

"so what effects are using on hands without shadows?"
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm snowblind! I don't see it Tim...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are lots of people who are nuts but can't even play guitar! I don't see him as nuts, just excited about his CD,
          and without hearing it yet I feel he gave me a lot of tips towards figuring out the material. Not that I could execute his stuff, but it wqould be lots easier to understand if you read his descriptions while listening to the songs.

Anyway, even if you do think he's nuts, artists are supposed to be a little nuts. His writeup makes me more interested in getting the CD.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

OK, I see what you're talking of. I wouldn't say 'nuts' in a bad way like lerxstcat said. I'd say it's actually pretty cool that he did that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              "I also asked Rudy Sarzo to play Bass on the track. He was the original Bass player in the Blizzard of Ozz"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Bob D will be happy to know he's again de-credited [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

I like his line regarding Randy... "I didn't want to play the solo better than Randy"
                Randy wrote it bro. C'mon.
                Besides that, I thought it was a good read. MAB is such a great player. Amazing.

Comment

didn't read the whole thing, but he seems just alright to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
                  I think the line "I didn't want to play the solo better than randy" should be completed with what is following "just different".
                  I think you got him wrong.
                  he likes randy, and that's it. I know lots of people who like randy...
                  I think he just trys to explain why he did some changes in the song.
                  and that's the right thing to do. even if I could, I'd not dare to play randys solos note by note on my album.
                  it's his solo, so it does make sence to add some of your personality if you want to play it right.
                  if you plain copy it, it can only get worse IMO.

just read an article on angelo in a guitar magazine, where he was asked about his four neck guitars, and he stated this would not really make sense, he was just challanged and plays it for the show. he actually said it was a gag.
                  I always thought he was a showoff, but reading more about him makes me think different.
                  tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                  X