Buying from the Clearance pile - part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from the Clearance pile - part II

Some of you may remember a coupla months ago I posted about getting a Sony CD350 camera at WalMart for about $200, but that it was broke and I sent it back. They wanted $686 to fix it, so I declined.
    Coupla days later I get a call from them saying they're sending me a new camera, and it came this morning! Full retail model with all the accessories!

Sony kills! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Buying from the Clearance pile - part II

that's amazingly cool man, congrats!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Wow, unreal. Congrats Matt.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sony is pretty cool to deal with. Our PS2 broke just days after the warrenty expired (go figure) and they quoted me something outrageous to fix it. I said that for that money, I would go buy an Xbox. I reeived a phone call a few minutes later with a RA# and an offer to have it fixed for no charge other than shipping.

Comment

Here's another cool deal.
          By all your electronics from Costco.. except computers.
          I bought my wife a Canon digital Rebel last year for her birthday. 14 months later it died. Warranty was for one year.
          So I'm thinking we're just screwed and I'll have to fork out another $1000 to get her another one.
          Turns out Costco will take it back... period. No questions asked. So I return it.. get my $1,024 back and go and buy the new model for $27 less.
          They have a standing policy that if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a FULL refund.
          There are some fine print like the PC thing, but the manager said if the camera just stopped working, bring it back and they will take it back regardless of the warranty.
          For that reason alone, I renewed my Costco membership.
          -Rick

Comment

That is cool! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
            X