Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality software drum machine

Alright people,
    Just wonderng what decent software drum machine programmes you guys could recommend. At the moment Im using the midi drums in Cubase and they do the job but they sound too false...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

James

Re: Quality software drum machine

Honestly, nothign beats Drumkit from Hell 2 with it's Humanise feature. BFD 1.5 is also great and has lotsa patterns.

Personally, I went all out and bought a HArt/Pintech E-kit and trigger DKH2 with it thru a roland module, It's great and I love it!

Comment

http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/

beatcraft is the best ive ever seen. The user interface is the easiest by far. Ive posted this program before and got quite a few forum members hook on it like I am. Do a forum search for those threads but before you do that.......get beatcraft. Trust me on this one

Comment

<----------------hooked

plud I had the full drag and drop drummer with the power kit and you can use those drum hits in beatcraft
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Cheers guys, Ill check out beatcraft.

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Honestly, nothign beats Drumkit from Hell 2 with it's Humanise feature. BFD 1.5 is also great and has lotsa patterns.

Personally, I went all out and bought a HArt/Pintech E-kit and trigger DKH2 with it thru a roland module, It's great and I love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, drumkit from hell provides shakey as hell output.. As in, smooth 16th double kick patterns become irregular with really disgusting pauses... IT'd be great if i was making prog though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyone had this problem?

Comment

I went through this same search about a year ago. I recommend Percussion Studio.

It's totally free and you can use ANY .wav file as a drumbeat. There are tons of free drum .wavs online.

However, the best thing about it (at least for me) is that you can insert a beat absolutely anywhere you like. Most programs I tried will hold you to whatever time measure you pick, so your best Neil Peart impersonation is all for naught.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/

beatcraft is the best ive ever seen. The user interface is the easiest by far. Ive posted this program before and got quite a few forum members hook on it like I am. Do a forum search for those threads but before you do that.......get beatcraft. Trust me on this one

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 on this. I looked for a long time and came across Beatcraft on the word of another JCFr. This is the best sounding, easiest to use program I've seen. The sequencer and loop section are so incredibly easy to use. You can build a song in a matter of minutes instead of hours.

Once I tried this out, I sold my Alesis SR-16 on Ebay the same day.

They even had it on sale a few weeks back for $19.99. The demo is a full version, try it out.

Comment

Thanks Ive got the demo my flatmate wants it too so he's looking for a crack or some shit for it. I dont undestand these things!!!

James

Comment

Another + for the beatcraft.

Comment

I've got this disc and a few others from Beta Monkey. I like them and they had a good deal on a three pack. While not a drum program, a nice collection of real samples played by a real drummer on accustic drums.

http://www.betamonkeymusic.com/Double_Bass_Mania.html
                      The Buzzard does not fear
                      The man in riot gear
                      Harvest a skull of stone
                      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Thanks man thats ace, Ill try and get my genius flatmate to put them into beatcraft [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

James

Comment

Working...
                        X