Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???????

[ QUOTE ]
    Liberalism at its finest........we cant afford to offend anyone...........

[/ QUOTE ]

davey, texas is about as conservative as you can get. when texans aren't in church, they're executing prisoners, or buying/cleaning guns, or on their way to the UT/A&M/cowboys game. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

shawn, even though you've been here longer than i have, welcome to texas. funny thing is that my son has a nightmare before xmas hoodie. there's a big jack skellington face on the front of it. i've never heard a word, and he's in the plano school system (both hoidy AND toidy!)

you'll probably get nowhere by fighting it, but by all means, make your opinion heard.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this has nothing to do with liberalism.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Re: Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???

In highschool in South Texas I wore a Slayer live Undead shirt...anyone remmeber those? They has a graveyard on the back...

Well,due to the dresscode which is similar to the wording above I got called into the office and was told to change my shirt.Well I lived like 15 miles out in the country outside of town so that wasn't happening.So the vice principal (damn fat bastard) made me turn it inside out and wear it like that all day.

The stupid thing was is that I had wore it plenty of times before without incident,the only thing I can think of is someone got offended or whatever and ratted on me.

The rule was no gore allowed on clothing,which took out most metal shirts back in the 80's [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

However,it got overturned when some friends and I noticed that the football team was given shirts with the mascot called "Bleacher Creature" supposedly signifying the crowd (if youve ever been to a HS football game in Texas ,you know what it's like [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and it was this big nasty monster bursting through the bleachers all violent like.

Well we got our parents in on this and they basically conspired together and came down to the school to bring up the point that either the precious football shirts go bye-bye too or we can wear our shirts. Needless to say I was wearing it proudly again the next week!

A small victory for metal and free speech and expression in a small Texas town,who would have guessed,but all it takes is to get the parents riled up enough to speak out.

Comment

davey, texas is about as conservative as you can get. when texans aren't in church, they're executing prisoners, or buying/cleaning guns, or on their way to the UT/A&M/cowboys game. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Opps , didnt see it was texas [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My son goes to a gifted and talented school here and they wont even allow them to dress up for halloween.They have a "fall party" instead and have a theme that everyone has to dress up like.Its rediculous.I argued with the school but I wasnt getting anywhere with them. Shayne has had to turn wseveral shirts of his inside out, along with several of my old concert t-shirts.In my mind it is liberalism, since they do all of this to avoid hurting someone else's feelings or offending them.Shit, even field day has lost its meaning with schools here.Everyone gets the same ribbon for participating.Were not preparing them for the real world by not letting them compete for awards.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this has nothing to do with liberalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt,this is good ole fashioned southern conservatism,if it were liberalism then they would be trying to force your kids to wear the same things as everyone else(uniforms) as to not offend the different "classes" of people.

Both sides are total BS.I and most everyone else did just fine in school no matter what we were wearing.

Except girls in really short skirts......

Dang,the days before the put the 3 inch above the knee rule in effect in my school were just...uhm well [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Shit, even field day has lost its meaning with schools here.Everyone gets the same ribbon for participating.Were not preparing them for the real world by not letting them compete for awards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is liberalism! What a bunch of [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] they're doing to kids these days.What the hell is the point of even trying if everyone gets the same thing??? It boggles my mind.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Sounds like your son's school has something against pirates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now if the Skull had Rainbow colors, they would not say a word in fear it was a "gay" thing, and would worry about being sued.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Its so stupid, resembles communism really.........

Comment

Maybe its just me, but I think its stupid of the vp, but damn cool for your kid. Individuality at school is a wonderful thing, and only leads to a better life imo. If something like this happened to me I'd feel really cool, and I'm sure my dad would tell the principals there idiots. But Aus is a little more free and less political in these general areas. Teachers (my sis being one) are the ones you should care about, principals and office staff are just lazy and bored most of the time. Just a polite message to call you up instead of him out next time they have a problem could solve it all. If not, I'll lend ya my ultra-gorey evil dead shirt for him to wear under the jacket, that'll make them want him to keep it on!
                    Like this;
                    http://www.freakshop.com/lp/product/~tca...F1256BD6D2.jvm1
                    with this pic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Maybe its just me, but I think its stupid of the vp, but damn cool for your kid. Individuality at school is a wonderful thing, and only leads to a better life imo. If something like this happened to me I'd feel really cool, and I'm sure my dad would tell the principals there idiots. But Aus is a little more free and less political in these general areas. Teachers (my sis being one) are the ones you should care about, principals and office staff are just lazy and bored most of the time. Just a polite message to call you up instead of him out next time they have a problem could solve it all. If not, I'll lend ya my ultra-gorey evil dead shirt for him to wear under the jacket, that'll make them want him to keep it on!
                      Like this;
                      http://www.freakshop.com/lp/product/~tca...F1256BD6D2.jvm1
                      with this pic

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think my kid is allowed to wear pictures of his mom on a shirt [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's Ironic, you can buy the skull & cross bones hoodie at Walmart and Target. I know, I did... then I noticed every kid on the avenue wearing the same hoodie. My point is that these stores are "clean" & "safe" family stores. So, I guess there shouldn't be anything wrong with them.

This also reminds me that the local 7/11 store will not allow you in the store if you are wearing a hoodie with the hood on or if you have a black rain coat on. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Back in Grammer school I was told to close my sweater once since my Venom "Welcome to Hell" shirt offended one of my teachers, But the funniest part was the fact that I wore a denim jacket with a painting of the very same thing(goat head) on the back throughtout 7th & 8th grade. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, living in the greater Seattle area, probably the most uptight liberal place in the USA, I got away with wearing some choice t-shirts to school. Cannibal Corpse, Kreator ("Pleasure To Kill"), Morbid Angel (Demon creature crushing the cross), Slayer (too many to list). Never once did they tell me to remove or turn a t-shirt inside out. The only time I was even hassled was by stupid fundie teachers; and it was easy to out argue them with their holier than thou attitude.

Edit - Plus the fact that I was the co-editor in chief at my high school newspaper.. So... Yeah.

Comment

I always thought school was a place for learning, not fashion shows. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If they relaxed the rules for him then they'd have to relax it for everyone. Then you'd have the bloods and crip looking jokers, trenchcoat mafia clowns, etc. There is plenty of time outside school to show off the fly threads. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              There is plenty of time outside school to show off the fly threads. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fly threads?! What are we in the 80's again?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]
                                There is plenty of time outside school to show off the fly threads. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fly threads?! What are we in the 80's again?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                Scott
                                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X