Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???

damn, if we're breaking out our fly threads, i'm gonna go look for my old nike windsuit!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

When I was in school, I wasn't allowed to wear a shirt, that said "WWSD". Or one that said "Evil inside".

However, some "colored" kid wore an "ol' dirty bastard" shirt. I said about that, and they said, it's different.

Other kids had, WWJD shirts.

I don't believe in the devil, and I'm not evil, however, I am in public school, and I am damn well able to wear a shirt that represents something, just the same as someone else can.

Just because I'm a white non-Christian, does not mean, I shouldn't be able to express something.

Man, our school system pisses me off.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        damn, if we're breaking out our fly threads, i'm gonna go look for my old nike windsuit!

[/ QUOTE ]

What about your red leather jacket?!

Comment

heh. i guess you didn't have that one buried too deep in your closet, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The school my wife worked at changed
            there colors from "Red" to "Burgundy"
            Wear Red around here and you might get shot. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

lol...that red jacket looks like something michael jackson would ware back when he was black and had a nose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I talked to my son and told him I'd fight it if he wanted me to, he said don't even bother. I think dosen't want any attention drawn to himself over it and I can understand that. He did say "its just plain stupid dad" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I told him he gonna to go to school tomorrow with a bright orange mohawk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] he thought that was funny [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

Shit, even field day has lost its meaning with schools here.Everyone gets the same ribbon for participating.Were not preparing them for the real world by not letting them compete for awards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is liberalism! What a bunch of [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] they're doing to kids these days.What the hell is the point of even trying if everyone gets the same thing??? It boggles my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because... everyone needs a hug [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I come from the thinking that the world needs engineers, programmers, chemists and alot of other professions. But, the world needs ditch diggers too =)

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

the british system is similar. i had no end of hassle. and naturally, there will always be people who get away with it and you never do. that's "empire building" and its like a cockroach. you can stamp on one, but they return in their hundreds and thousands. i have no intention of re-living my school days.

it's more relaxed at where i work, but we cannot deviate from strict office clothes during mon-thurs. and yes, people do get sent home regardless of distance they have to go. the only people who are "exempt" from rules are those who take it up the ass from management. well, the people who are over-ranked and do fuck all everyday except piss us "small people" off by making critical errors on the system.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If your son ever decides to change his mind and wants to fight it, you ought to have a talk with your friendly neighborhood newspaper reporter.

Comment

Re: Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???????

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Liberalism at its finest........we cant afford to offend anyone...........

[/ QUOTE ]

this has nothing to do with liberalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The only type of self-expression liberals are opposed to is the type that expresses conservative values. Otherwise, anything goes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Re: Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???????

Tell the school people that if they don't want him wearing that coat, they'd better fork over some cash so you can buy him a new one.

My high school made a big deal about me having a trenchcoat. It was warm, fit well, and my mom bought it for me. I was only allowed to wear it at the beginning and end of the day going between my locker and outside. Oh no! Watch out for the kid with the coat! It's dangerous how dry his shirt and pants stay when it's raining!

Comment

IMO, this is a chance to give your son a lecture on standing up for one's beliefs. If he truly feels that it's wrong to be pressured into conformity then he should stand for what is right. Complacence only ends in mediocrity. I don't feel you should alienate your son from his peers but just letting something like this "slip" by is ashame. Contact the local ACLU they love this stuff and will be more than happy to take up your cause.

I remember several years ago a girl named Katie Sierra wanted to start an anarchy club at the local high school she was banned from wearing a shirt depicting the anarchist symbol and was basically ostracized from the community. BUT, she will go down as a brave idealist who had the gumption to standup for her rights.

[ QUOTE ]
                          lol...that red jacket looks like something michael jackson would ware back when he was black and had a nose [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I talked to my son and told him I'd fight it if he wanted me to, he said don't even bother. I think dosen't want any attention drawn to himself over it and I can understand that. He did say "its just plain stupid dad" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I told him he gonna to go to school tomorrow with a bright orange mohawk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] he thought that was funny [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

The whole world is becoming so sensitive about "offending others" that it's becoming ridiculous.
                            I just read in the paper that starting next year, they're going to stop making piggy banks. Why? Because pigs are seen as filthy, lowly animals to Muslims, and piggy banks offend them. I tell ya, I can't take it anymore! The very second they start selling property on the Moon, I'm outta here.

Comment

that's plain stupid, I wore a lot of metal band shirts and shirts with skulls and shit. My classmate wore a t-shirt with naked Pamela Anderson pic. No one had any problems with that. We could do whatever we want. If someone finds that offencive than they can fuck themselves.
                              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Your sons Skull and Crossbones jacket that isn't the problem the school board has. Its the fact that if he is allowed to wear that jacket that allows other kids to wear jackets or t-shirts with sayings such as:
                                "Kill them all and let God sort them out"
                                " Speed kills... Smoke weed"
                                Gang colors could be worn at school. After all, its just a bandana.
                                That opens the doors for all the goths and freaks to dress anyway they want. Before you know it you have a school full of derilicts. Next comes metal detectors because alot of these frikkin hoodlums will be carrying some kind of weapon. The school has to draw the line somewhere. I guess wearing a pirate jacket is the where the line is.
                                I worry about my 3 kids every day at school. The middle school and high school they go to are VERY strict and have VERY strict dress code policy's. I support the dress code 100%. My kids are all A students too BTW. My daughter actually has a 4.125 grade pt average.
                                Today happens to be hat day. Its the only day of the year when the students can wear a hat in school.

Comment

Working...
                                X