Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skull and Crossbones - Dress Code violation???

double post

Comment

edited, sorry

Comment

I respect that you want to let your son make the decision and I was advising you persuing this against his wishes, I just think this would be an opprotune time for "another" lecture about standing up for one's beliefs in the face of opposition. Kudo's for teaching your child to question what they are told is "right/wrong".

[ QUOTE ]
        Thrust - We have had the stand up one's beliefs several times already. I prepare my children for dealing with the real world. To stand up for themselves, to fight back and don't let people walk over you. In this instance fighting back was his decision and for me to fight it w/o his consent wouldn't be right. Even though I really want to do it. I put myself in his shoes and I wouldn't want school authorities breathing down my neck looking for minor violations just because I fought basically a "grey area" of the dress code. Especially knowing how vindictive people are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yea Shawn, it was fun but pretty dangerous. I think I got into a fight every single day. Many times, fighting in school didn't even mean a suspension.
          I beat the snot out of a kid in gym class once and the gym teacher recruited me onto the wrestling team. He said I had a natural instinct to never be on my back.
          One of my good friends used to sell weed at school in one of the 1st floor bathrooms. It was like a business. He got mugged one day and came back the next with a loaded German Luger. That was a scarey day of talking him out of killing somebody. I got suspended once for insighting a riot, disturbing the peace, reckless endangerment and public fighting. It was a 2 day suspension!! That was huge back then. I don't miss those days and I am very glad my kids never have to experience them. Black eyes, cut lips, broken knuckles and bruises everyday sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't forget guys, John was like on the Chess club and stuff. Imagine how badass the tough kids were in his school [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Your kid is better off conforming to the school policies. Tell him he can wear the cool clothes after school.
            I told my kids that daddy has to dress in a certain fashion for his job because thats the rules. Same thing applies to them. Standing up for your rights is cool. Teaching it to your kids is cool too. There is a time and a place to take a stand. I don't think this is the time and challenging the school dress code isn't the place. Its like pissing up a rope. Have you ever been to Board of Ed meetings?? Run as far away as possible.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Yea Shawn, it was fun but pretty dangerous. I think I got into a fight every single day. Many times, fighting in school didn't even mean a suspension.
              I beat the snot out of a kid in gym class once and the gym teacher recruited me onto the wrestling team. He said I had a natural instinct to never be on my back.
              One of my good friends used to sell weed at school in one of the 1st floor bathrooms. It was like a business. He got mugged one day and came back the next with a loaded German Luger. That was a scarey day of talking him out of killing somebody. I got suspended once for insighting a riot, disturbing the peace, reckless endangerment and public fighting. It was a 2 day suspension!! That was huge back then. I don't miss those days and I am very glad my kids never have to experience them. Black eyes, cut lips, broken knuckles and bruises everyday sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't forget guys, John was like on the Chess club and stuff. Imagine how badass the tough kids were in his school [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea Tim, Chess club.. good one. NOPE. (I was in the chess club in 7th grade) but after I got beaten to a pulp after school one day and my younger sister had to beat the kid up for me I started going to the gym, I quit playing piano in public and I took up guitar. I haven't stopped. I laid the smack down on alot of dudes and I can tell you one thing. NOBODY ever wins in a street fight. You punch him out.. he punches you out or he gets his gigantic friend or friends to punch you out or wreck your car or worse.
              I was the guy who had short man complex. A constant chip on his shoulder. I fought anybody and everybody anytime.

Comment

My Sons school is THE EXACT same way Shawn..I know it sounds "petty" ..he goes to Our Lady Of Angels..the most expensive catholic school in the city...

but I think their intentions are good..you can't wear ANYTHING like that these day to those kinds of schools..which in a way I can see thier point but they really take it to the extreme..but at least they get a good education..that's all that matters!

a school that wouldn't normally give a fuck..is just that..they don't give a fuck..so there is some good behind their motives..

Vinny has NOTHING but clothes like this, skulls , demons , flames.. like his ol man of course..but he's not permitted to wear anthing percieved "morbid" or "negative"..which yeah sounds petty ..but would you rather them not giving a shit..no you would not..take my word for it Shawn..

so they draw a line that no kids can cross..in a way that is a "good" thing...conformity in a school is good because instead of kids worrying what other kids are dressing like they concentrate on their books..

In the poor inner city scools..kids wer getting robbed for starter jackets and $120 Air Jordens shoes..everyday..not kidding..to or on their way home from school

I was a police school car for almost two years. I took complaints such as , assuaults , sexual impositions , weapons..and such..I guess this is ONE step to curb that mindset or behavior..and all these schools didn't have a "dress code"..

Well that is my experience and obsvation in various schools..so that's one way to look at it

so it's not such a bad thing Shawn..does it sound petty ..yes..but rules are rules..and the schools that actually ENFORCE these rules..are the better schools..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, I can see where you're coming from. But I think it's way more important that a school enforces the rules fairly, appropriately and with common sense.

Take so many of these "zero tolerance" policies, for example. Zero tolerance rules are a great way for the spineless to hide behind the rules. Where I live, a kid got suspended for giving another kid a Vitamin C tablet; the administrators at the school decided Vitamin C was a drug and that it was against the school's zero tolerance drug policy.

The school administrator's clung to their rulebooks and still got it wrong.

Comment

These lame ass rules are just crap. It's the same as throwing your hands up.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                    X